Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son bought a basket case 05 660 had snorkels and a dg muffler welded on it. Backfired like crazy. I pulled snorkels and put factory filter back on it. Ran ok still backfired on deceleration coasting to a stop. Dg Muffler came apart. So I put a stock 660 (griz) muffler on it. It idles great nice and quiet ish. Take off it moves up to 5mph ok. Then coughs and sputters with huge hesitation until you stand on it then it coughs and takes off. Driving hard seems to run ok. Let up at that 10-20 travelling speed it sputters and coughs.

It was a disaster when I got it. No idea what’s in it for jetting the guys that did the work before I got it weren’t the best.
It has an electric fuel pump. That has always seemed to work well.

He needs it to drive to his summer job and I don’t have a ton of spare cash. All help is greatly appreciated!!

·
Super Lead Moderator
3,809 Posts
Pull the intake hose off the carb, start it up and watch the slide in the carb throat it should move up and down sounds like it may be sticking. If carb cleaner doesn't free it up then the diafram could need replacing. Backfiring on decel may be a bad exhaust gasket of crack in the header pipe.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts