Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have pictures of there motor, with a upgraded intake?

Since I am kinda new to the Rhino scene, I was wondering if you can get rid of all the plastic intake parts. I really have not done to much searching on this. But have seen KMS's billet intake adapter.

Any input would get great!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I was just going to post a similiar question. I just got a hardstyle intake kit and I was wondering if people are ditching the whole box or just the lid?

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
it depends on the type of riding your are going to do, whether or not it makes sense to ditch the whole box or not. if your all into mud and water and goop, keep the box.. if you just run the dry desert, and dunes, loose the box...

·
Registered
100 Posts
I took the lid off mine but kept the box. I dont think you want to chance getting water in the carb from water splashing up from the bottom.
Beside u may actually suck in more hot engine are.
My 2 cents... :D

·
Registered
31 Posts
I kept the entire airbox and added a RAIS larger intake tube off eBay. You can also add TPV valves form BRP, keeping the entire airbox. My feeling is, some Rhino owners are complaining about premature oil burning, dirt is a killer on rings, not going to take the chance for .8 horsepower.

·
Registered
3 Posts
If I take the lid off what do I do with the vent line that is hooked to the top? I forgot to hook it up one time and oil spit out all over the engine.

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
If I take the lid off what do I do with the vent line that is hooked to the top? I forgot to hook it up one time and oil spit out all over the engine.
But the anti siphon kit from KMS, that will stop the spitting problem.

The only bad thing about removing the entire airbox is the carb is now only supported by the intake boot. I have heard of several breaking the boot while riding without the airbox. It would sure suck to be duning and have that thing break, it could suck a lot of sand before you realized the problem.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
I kept the lid, but added a RAIS. Seems to work great and the intake is protected better.

·
Registered
63 Posts
i have the k&n hardstyle kit and tried to run the lid but it ran like poop so i took it back off and now it runs fine

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
I added the RAIS and have rejetted up one side and down the other. I think the throttle repsponse and low end is worse. Top end I gained 1mph. I also think the AFE is a waste of money. They make claims over stock which is fine, but how does it compare to a K&N or UNI with the lid off? UNI/Billet intake for $89 and KMS Siphon break for $35. Is it really worth another 275 bucks? If you think so I will build a less obtrusive fiberglass unit for you for $200.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts