1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a set of the PDS seat bases from Rhinocrap last
weekend. I am going to put them on this weekend so I'll let you
all know what I think of them. They seem to be well designed and
are supposed to lower seat about 1 1/2".

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
I'm interested in those also, let us know how they work.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I messed around with one of the seats tonight.
It's amazing how much different an 1 1/2" lower
feels. The one thing I didn't like is it sets the whole
seat level. The stock base has an incline of about a
half inch so I spaced my seats a half inch in the front
to create the same incline. I guess I only gained an
inch but I had to replace them anyway since one of
the stockers was cracked from my roll. All in all I
think PDS made a great product that should be alot
more durable than stock.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
They should work with the stock seats.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Yes, they all should work. The stock seat unbolts so you can bolt an aftermarket in the same holes.

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
The PDF file that I had my brother make will work with stock seats ..... I know a fabrication guy in San Bernardino that made some for a few local guys..... He made some extra and he will let you have them for $ 35.00/ea..... if you are interested let me know and I will give you his contact information ...... also if anyone else needs the drawing just let me know and I will send you a copy ..... then you can send it to your local fab shop and they will make them for you .......

By the way ..... Tim over at PDS is a GREAT guy and I have spoke to him about giving out my drawing .... and he has no problem with it ..... his bases are more money but they come with all of the required hardware .... his are great if you dont want the hassle .... my drawing is good if you dont want to spend the money ......

By the way ......My Drawing came before his seat bases ..... I didnt copy him .....

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
I know a guy on the BRP Forum that tried that ...... he said they didnt come out to good ..... he wound up buying a set from the guy in San Bernardino ..... I dont know how good he was but I think he was pretty experienced .... I am not sure if they are hard or not ...... you dont really see it so I dont think that it would matter ......

The guy in San Bernardino made them out of Steel and then he zinc plated them ....... On my drawing I called out 12 gauge stainless steel .... but you can use aluminum or steel and paint or plate it .....

Tony,
Once they are done send me a picture and let me know how much work it was..... I have had a few people ask me if they can cut them out with a plasma .......

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
cutting them from steel will be easy. Aluminum is a different story, it doesnt like to be plasma'ed very well. It ends up looking like a torch did it. I think because aluminum is so soft is kind of melts away and not cut like steel. Im going to make some, and I'll post pics when I do. It'll be a little I've got enough going on right now. :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Does anyone have any photos of thiese seat bases? I can't seem to find them online. Anyone in Phoenix carry them?

Thanks

1 - 20 of 40 Posts