Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what are the best paddles for my 07 rhino? and what size should i get? is ther a special offset rim i need?

·
Vendor
9,660 Posts
Okay... heres the skinney on the paddles.

We have sold quite a few sets of the Skat-Trak paddles, and actually werent a beliver until a stock, STOCK, rhino beat John up Olds with the paddles when he had bighorns. (I got the video to prove it).

7 paddle and 8 paddle rears

They come in 25x12x10 on a douglas blue label wheel, you have to run a 1" spacer up front. <-- the lightest, fastest, best setup in our eyes. the lighter the better!

for those who dont know tires the 25x12x10 breaks down to: 25" tall, 12" wide, on a 10" wheel.

The other set is 25x10x12 with out any wheel. You can mount on any 12" wheel youd like, but we recomment the douglas spun aluminum blue label Outlaw beadlocks (weight issue again, the lighter the better!!)

tire size break down: 25" tall, 10" wide, 12" wheel <-- FACTORY SIZE FOR REARS

BOTH SETS RUN SMOOTH BUFFS UP FRONT AND WORK GREAT in 2WD

These are BY FAR THE BEST BEST BEST SETUP for the sand IMHO!

We have 60+ sets on order from Skat-Track, but they are having problems getting the Chin-Seng and Lumber Jack carcasses, they are soo far backed up they cannot give me a date on when I will be getting any.

As far as pricing goes... we dont have any.. but they run:

$575.00 for the 25x10x12 Paddles and Smoothies with NO WHEELS

or

$695.00 for the 25x12x10 Paddles and Smoothies with Douglas Blue Label Wheels
(you need a 1" wheel spacer for these as well if you dont have one already)

Here are pics of the diff setups:

25x10x12

25x12x10

If you have any paddle tire ???'s please call me or PM me

- Nick

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I tried my paddles this weekend, Skats 25x12x10 with the buffs up front. Holy crap what a difference. Truely there is nothing that you can not do with them. Going up olds is easy as well. It felt better to run in 4 wheel though than 2, but that may just be me.

I would recommend getting a set if you take your rhino to the dunes..

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
For dragging, 2 wheel drive is a must for top speed.
for dunning or hill climbing, 4 wheel for that front control.On the side of a dune you want all 4 spinning.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
I belive running long straights with paddles in 2 wheel will help keep temps down to. I noticed I ran cooler for the short amount of time I did run this weekend, and it was over 80 out there on sat.

·
Life serves the risk taker
4,197 Posts
I like my 12" beadlocks. Which setup is better, the 10" rim and 12" paddle or the 12" rim and 10" paddle?

Maybe next year for me and this setup. Hopefully by then I can get a 25x12x12 paddle for the 12" beadlock.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Hey, I have a SCF long travel kit.Would I still need a 1" spacr to run these lil 10" wheels? Do you have them in spokes? j/k, but I do want a set for sheeeezeeee!!!

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
????????? for the people running paddles, are you running 3 to 4 pound of air pressure?

I didnt even check air pressure in my tires, just threw them on the Rhino and went. First try up Olds I couldn't make it. I was like WTF!!! Check the pressure and holy crap!!! 12 pounds!! Went down to 4 and what a huge difference. Up Olds no problem even with a passenger.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Yes there set up work buffs in front and paddles in back. You will need 1" spacers in the front and depending on what LTK you have you may need spacers in the back.

·
Registered
997 Posts
So what ply does this make these tires???? Everyone is so concerned with plys, and "oh, your rhino weighs so much your gonna break your tires in half!!!!!!", and I'm like, no you won't, you should run a 2 ply 489 for the floatation, and a super light wheel, and you will float better in the sand! I like the idea of these wheels and tire though! Hey Nick, for some of us do it yourselfers, what quad runs these wheels? so we can try to also find the in buddies garages and stuff like that??? Has anyone tried running like a 23 or 24 " quad paddle or something else on a 10" rim? Sorry, this whole 10" rim thing is foreign to me, and so are quads, but definitely interested in a set, just not wanting to wait for scat trak!!!! Can you jump on these tires and wheels? or so light that you'll bend , pop, and break the setup launching to hard??? Thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts