Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Anybody tried this? Looks like an easy way to quickly remove the oxidation from your plastics. Reading the comments under the video it is advised to immediately apply cool water to the treated portion.

I think that will be my project for tomorrow....

·
Registered
07 686, msd cdi, twin-air filter, Tyrex shocks, stage 1 hot cam, lots of old school tuning tricks
102 Posts
I've heard of this but haven't tried it myself.

There is a product by Mothers called "Back to Black" that restores plastics of all colors, not just black. I've used it on my hunter green rhino and it works pretty well. Have to reapply every couple months. I get it at Walmart.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
30 minutes later...

OX 1.jpg
OX 2.jpg

I can't attest to how long it will last but I'm happy with the quick results! I followed advice from other youtubers by doing a little at a time followed by a water rinse, then repeat until all the hood was completed. Then I went over it with some rubbing compound and then a silicone sealer. Time with tell. I'm not a real patient guy so no doubt it could look better than this if one was a perfectionist.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have put a torch to several cars plastic with NO problems, Jeep Cherokee, and Ford Freestyle, to name a few. Just first wash the vehicle and do as shown in the video, deliberate movements and never stay in one area to long. I never put water on it though it never gets hot enough to have to.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts