Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After riding for about an hour, my rhino will start to overheat, spit and sputter and there is a strong smell of gas. If the rhino stalls or is cut off at this point it will not start up again until cool. My fan works fine. I would like advice on this problem. I have been told replace fuel pump, fuel filter, maybe a vapor lock of some kind. This same problem has happened to a couple of friends of mine who also own rhino 450's.

·
Registered
4 Posts
cooling down

i dont know about the other problems but i use 5oz of water wetter in my radiator and my rhino will run for four straight hours and not go over 205 degrees. i installed a temp gauge so i know its accurate. you can buy it at autozone. hope this helps a little

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dont know about the other problems but i use 5oz of water wetter in my radiator and my rhino will run for four straight hours and not go over 205 degrees. i installed a temp gauge so i know its accurate. you can buy it at autozone. hope this helps a little

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank i will try that.its funny i had my 450 rhino for 2 years now. and never had this problem before.its run fine for a couple of hours and the heat light. come on and i pull over 2 let it cool off. once u go 2 start it . it act like its runnin out of gas . and u can smell like it flooding.dont know if its the fuel pump getting hot and cause it 2 vaper lock.or my fule filter or it could be my vent tube

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am no expert on anything motorized, but I have changed my fuel filter twice already in 2 years.
Make sure you put antifreeze directly in the radiator and not just the clear fill bottle. I don't think the radiator always automatically sucks it up when needed. I found that out the hard way last weekend.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts