Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
great pics!....i think it is beautifull area....I have lived in seattle, wa my whole life,,,,all it does is rain here...i swear its south alaska?...the woods are all locked up so you cant go no ware in the mountains and they are deep green trees and deep wet under bushes...I talk all the time telling my family i'm going to places like in your pics with my 40 foot raptor, rhino and stuff and just live out in the hills like that...my trailer has solar, wind and genny and deep 6 volts...my wife says its all brown and ugly?....i have seen enuff green to last a life time...the dessert has its own beauty..my wife kant under stand why i want to go?....can you tell us more about this place?...it really looks great....i'm kind of a ?..well dont like neaborrs

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
great pics!....i think it is beautifull area....I have lived in seattle, wa my whole life,,,,all it does is rain here...i swear its south alaska?...the woods are all locked up so you cant go no ware in the mountains and they are deep green trees and deep wet under bushes...I talk all the time telling my family i'm going to places like in your pics with my 40 foot raptor, rhino and stuff and just live out in the hills like that...my trailer has solar, wind and genny and deep 6 volts...my wife says its all brown and ugly?....i have seen enuff green to last a life time...the dessert has its own beauty..my wife kant under stand why i want to go?....can you tell us more about this place?...it really looks great....i'm kind of a ?..well dont like neaborrs
We've been camping here since 1978 so I know these trails like as if it was home...
Here is some more info...
Calico Ghost Town : pictures and historic information

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here are some more cell phone pictures...

My Father (My Hero) who taught me so much about ridding took his XR650 through the same trails we beat up the rhino on!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Looks fun!! We have trails like that here too, gotta love the high desert, cept we get snow in the winter months

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
we camped up at the ghost town a couple years ago for halloween - it was major fun.
wanted to go back and check out the trails some more, but haven't made it back yet.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Looks like fun with I had the time and money to do that. Also, looks like you need to join the Tundra Talk club too for your Toyota Tundra if you aren't already a member. Toyota Tundra Forum. Tons of great Toyota info there for ya too, in case you haven't spent enough money already on the rhino LOL. Camping and exploring is always a lot of fun.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Looks like fun with I had the time and money to do that. Also, looks like you need to join the Tundra Talk club too for your Toyota Tundra if you aren't already a member. Toyota Tundra Forum. Tons of great Toyota info there for ya too, in case you haven't spent enough money already on the rhino LOL. Camping and exploring is always a lot of fun.
Thanks for the info, I signed up there a while back... But I'm under ckymacias.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That looks awsome. I have never ridden around Calico. Do you have any GPS Coords for any of the trails?
Sorry I don't use one we have been camping there since I was born so I don't need one, but it would be nice to know where I've been... Maybe I will get one for X-mas!

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I like that bumper. Is that a STR8Up Bumper?

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I like that bumper. Is that a STR8Up Bumper?
No it is from OMF and the bumper is Aluminum that is one of the main reason I liked it because the weight is next to nothing... Not to crazy about the look but I'm more into function and it didn't cost me a dime to put it on...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts