Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I'm new to the rhino, I recently bought a used 660 (04 model). It has an aftermarket electric fuel pump. The problem I'm having is I believe it is vapor locking but I'm not sure. It only cranks over when it wants to. I can pull the spark plug and crank it over, put the spark plug back in and it will start. Now if I turn it off or it happens to quit it will not crank over until I pull the spark plug and repeat. I do know the fuel pump that was put on is putting out to much pressure (5 psi). Any suggestion? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
63 Posts
check your solenoid. my 04 660 was doing that where sometimes it wouldn't turn over. There was no rhyme or reason that I could figure that was causing the problem. It happened once when I had the hood up and I could hear a clicking in the battery box. I narrowed it down to the solenoid. I could feel it clicking by touching it with my finger. Once I replaced it, it has never happened again. Don't buy the off-brand. everything I've read on reviews, they are garbage.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts