Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is basic procedure to adjust Rhino parking brake.
  1. Ensure you have at least 1/16th of lining remaining on each pad
  2. Remove engine cowl and back off parking brake cable adjustment all the way. Make sure Parking Brake is fully released.
  3. There are two ways to do this – the easy way and the other way. I’ve never found the easy way.
  4. Refer to picture: loosen up nut on threaded stud - turn stud clockwise till it stops then back off 1/4 turn -now tighten up your lock nut.
  5. I typically end up removing the rr wheel, remove cable from caliper assy, remove two caliper retaining bolts, remove caliper assy, and place unit in bench vise and adjust as needed. If you end up doing it this way, you’ll need to measure the rotor width (using a caliper) then find a large washer that is same thickness as rotor, insert washer between pads then make your adjustments.
  6. Now put it back together and use the adjustment on the parking brake cable to dial it in.
Sounds complicated, but after you do it several times it ain’t that bad… :)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Here is basic procedure to adjust Rhino parking brake.
  1. Ensure you have at least 1/16th of lining remaining on each pad
  2. Remove engine cowl and back off parking brake cable adjustment all the way. Make sure Parking Brake is fully released.
  3. There are two ways to do this – the easy way and the other way. I’ve never found the easy way.
  4. Refer to picture: loosen up nut on threaded stud - turn stud clockwise till it stops then back off 1/4 turn -now tighten up your lock nut.
  5. I typically end up removing the rr wheel, remove cable from caliper assy, remove two caliper retaining bolts, remove caliper assy, and place unit in bench vise and adjust as needed. If you end up doing it this way, you’ll need to measure the rotor width (using a caliper) then find a large washer that is same thickness as rotor, insert washer between pads then make your adjustments.
  6. Now put it back together and use the adjustment on the parking brake cable to dial it in.
Sounds complicated, but after you do it several times it ain’t that bad… :) View attachment 64562
I found the easier way was to remove both caliper bolts and zip tie caliper to frame.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts