Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts

here is a car with douglas wheels with scaloped OMF beadlocks we also machine the holes in the center of the wheel

·
Life serves the risk taker
4,197 Posts
sweet... thanks!

now those rims and beadlocks are real expensive right? Any idea how much per wheel?
The majority of the cost is the beadlock. Retail on the whole enchilada is $285 which is crazy for one rim, I know. I've heard of people getting them for as low as $200 per rim. many retailers carry them, rhino crap, SDHQ, OMF themselves. If your in the market you may just shop around for price. My brother bought some directly from OMF during a sand show in Orange County and got the best price I've heard of.

If I did it over again I would consider getting an 8" rim all the way around. I think it allows the tire to expand to a full footprint.

·
4,197 Posts
I didn't save much money. I got some bad quotes for the beadlock install and though I would save money. When I actually went to order them the fee was much higher.

·
4,197 Posts
8" rim in width right?
Yes 8" rim width. Most people get a 7" wide but our tires are so much wider it doesn't make sense to me to pinch in the tires on a 7" wide rim. This all stems from ITP originally made everything for the rhino in 7" wide rim size and it became standard.

My rears are 8" wide and the footprint for the 489 were noticably different when it sat next to Brian's with 7" wide rims. My feelings also is this is why everybody would ***** about the height of the bighorns in the rear. They were putting a 12" wide tire on a 7" wide rim.

The 8" wide x 12" tall is a standard douglas wheel so the price is reasonable. I may buy a 8" wide blank and have them machined for the fronts. I can transfer the beadlocks to new wheels cheap.

·
4,197 Posts
One other thing I just thought of. I think rhinocrap has some OMF wheels in a 9" wide rim which I think would be a great setup for the rear. 9" wheel on the rear with an 11" tire and then an 8" wheel on the front with a 10" tire. That would be a very wide patch for traction.

·
Registered
79 Posts
we have them in stock as well OMF sets the retail @ 287.35 per wheel but we run discounts to our customers all the time!!!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
hey BrianB what is your policy on quoting prices on here?? what about some sponsorship stuff?? i don't want to step on anyones toes

Thanks,
Brian

1 - 15 of 15 Posts