Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
Can anyone tell me if the screw in dipstick on my Rhino is indicating full when screwed back in or just pushed in .
Thanks in advance for any help and hahaha for any friendly abuse
Michael

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many thanks, having trouble getting the correct manual. Bit worrying as my clutch is starting to slip, so I have a task lining itself up for me

·
Registered
87 Posts
Wasn't aware of specific oil requirements, so no, just regular 20/50
if you are running regular oil and not oil specifically for a wet clutch that may be why it is slipping and you may have damaged your clutch. You need to flush your engine immediately and replace with wet clutch oil. You can get it at any parts place or motorcycle shop or Amazon. Wet clutch oil will have JASO MA or JASO MA2 designation. I would drain it. Then you need to add 3 ounces of SeaFoam to your engine with the new wet clutch oil. Let it warm up in neutral and drain it and replace with more wet clutch oil.

·
Registered
87 Posts
if you are running regular oil and not oil specifically for a wet clutch that may be why it is slipping and you may have damaged your clutch. You need to flush your engine immediately and replace with wet clutch oil. You can get it at any parts place or motorcycle shop or Amazon. Wet clutch oil will have JASO MA or JASO MA2 designation. I would drain it. Then you need to add 3 ounces of SeaFoam to your engine with the new wet clutch oil. Let it warm up in neutral and drain it and replace with more wet clutch oil.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Thanks for the info, I'll pick up a new oil filter while I'm at it

Good luck. Hope your clutch is ok. There are a lot of good people on here that have a ton of useful info. The tutorial section is awesome:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Good luck. Hope your clutch is ok. There are a lot of good people on here that have a ton of useful info. The tutorial section is awesome:

The reason automobile oil is bad for your wet clutch is that automobile oil has anti-friction additives in it which will make rhino clutch slip. I use Lucas ATV/Motorcycle Oil and use Lucas atv/motorcycle oil additive

1 - 10 of 10 Posts