Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the Oil Flow Direction to Oil Cooler? I see the lines come from above oil filter to the cooler. I want gauge on the return line cooler back to the engine.

I am going to add oil temp, water temp, and volt gauge setup to my 2005 Rhino 660. I figured out the water flow direction, but can’t tell the oil flow direction.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I guess I will bring home our infra-red scanner from work to verify temp of lines, since no answers, or guesses.

·
Premium Member
3,131 Posts
The manual will give u the flow direction. I have never owned a 660

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,131 Posts
Just curious as to why u want an oil temp gauge and not an oil pressure gauge? Is it just preferance

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just curious as to why u want an oil temp gauge and not an oil pressure gauge? Is it just preferance

The gauge kit I bought had temp gauge, and not a pressure gauge. Not sure oil cooler line would give you a good pressure reading. I could add one later, but don’t have one right now.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
New fan came in today, I will install in the morning.

·
Premium Member
3,131 Posts
Got ya

·
Super Lead Moderator
3,809 Posts
I think most guys that run a oil pressure gauge drill a hole and tap it in the banjo bolt on the passenger side of the motor.

·
Super Lead Moderator
3,809 Posts
click on engine, it will open the forum at rhe right click on search forum and type in "oil temp gauge" click on go you'll see what Brian Lee did.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I will check tonight while at work, about to go to bed before work tonight from 7pm to 7am. Might order oil pressure gauge and redo my gauge setup,

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
After looking in the manual, and Brian's pics in his thread, I think I have it figured out. I ordered an oil pressure gauge, and will install it with the temps gauges, and volt gauge.

Do you think the water temp should be in lines leaving the engine, or back from radiator?

·
Premium Member
3,131 Posts
should go there

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok, coolant goes there. On the 660 that appears to be hot line from thermostat.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oil lines for 660, are like this. Right by the carb, and gearshift.

·
Premium Member
3,131 Posts
Ok, coolant goes there. On the 660 that appears to be hot line from thermostat.

660’s dont have a thermostat, the 450&700’s do. I read several post on it before i instlled it and thats what side everybody puts it on

·
Super Lead Moderator
3,809 Posts
Mounted the water temp like Brian's

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok, thanks for the help. I will be installing the new fan, and wiring the gauges in the morning.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts