I use Purolator PL1461.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
ph6017a

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
The Purolator Pure ONE PH14610 is the best filter available for this application all things considered including price IMO...

·
Registered
815 Posts
i run the pure one,it is best!!!

·
Registered
130 Posts
where do you guys find these filters

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
If you mean the purolator around here the only place I know that has em is pep boys...

Wal-mart has the super-tech ST 7317 real cheap and believe it or not it is my second choice behind the purolator...

The oil filter is not real critical imo...won't keep your oil clean...won't keep sand out of your crank case...

Only way to deal with that is dumping oil often and filter your crankcase vent...

The factory filter is the "best" from a filtration only standpoint being foam and not mesh but imo flow rate, capacity, and price are more important...

Use what's available rather than leave the old one on forever because it is not convienent to get a factory one or the price is too high or whatever... :13:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Man I checked advanced auto parts, auto zone, and orielleys. None of them had it may have to try the wally world brand

·
Registered
178 Posts
I got a purolator L14610 from advanced auto parts today and did some cross checking. It also fits a lot of cars. Mazda # is B6Y1-14-302A for a shorter filter JEY0-14-302 for the longer. Quakerstate is QS14610 for longer and QS14612 for the shorter one.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts