Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Yeah I'm confused. But i understand what your after. I was told a rim with 2+5 backspacing would widen it up nice. 59 in back and almost 60 in frt. I was also told to not use spacers on the frt. it was suggested to get mid travel kit for the rear only. that would do more than just rims. hope this helps.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Great diagram. I just went through and figured out all this myself. I think the 2" difference in the rear and front is why Yamaha is putting the 2" spacers in the rear. I was trying to decide what spacers to use to still keep it within reason for some of the width restrictions out here in Idaho. Some trails have width restrictions that the Rhino, stock, or otherwise are not allowed on due to the overall outside width of the wheelbase. A catch 22, because that width doesn't include the tires. But many of the trails out here were made by ATVs so are naturally more narrow, but don't have any of those restrictions. So all that being said, if the front wheels will fit at stock width, then so will the rear if they are the same or less in width. But the wider the footprint the more stability, and I've been trying to calculate a happy medium. Your measurements and diagram really help to visualize that. Great job man. Thanks!

·
Registered
395 Posts
Just wanted to add....he mentioned it before...but i just wanted to put it in bold letters!....I have 5x2 wheels on all four....12" rim...2" spacers on back....1 1/2 on front....by what he said...look at chart...it all makes sence right?...he did a great job....if you look at rim....sooo...with my set up for example....BUT my tires are 10" wide front...and 26x12x12 rear...my rear tires stick out much more than the front on same rim...so just remember your tires will add a couple inches ..if they are a couple inches wider

·
Registered
7 Posts
This is confusing. I have 4each 25x11x12 Carlisle tires new I bought real cheap. Now I am trying to figure out what size rims to get so my tires will still have clearance and be even front with the back and not stick out too far. Without using spacers what offsets should I get on the rims? I know I need 4ea 12"x7" or even 12"x8" but what offset for the front and what offset on the rear?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I purchased a nice used 2006 Rhino 660 and noticed the Yamaha voluntary repair to remove the rear anti-sway bar and install spacers on each wheel have not been performed. Does the members of the forum recommend this?

If I keep the stock wheels, what setup is recommended if the front wheels are 12x6 and the rear wheels are 12x7.5? Does the forum recommend adding spacers to the front to even out the wheel spacing between the front and rear?

·
Registered
140 Posts
I run 12 inch STI 5-2 wheels all around with STI Blackdiamond-XTR 27x11x12 in rear and 27x9x12 in front with no spacers. Both width and clearance added 2 inches. These are DOT approved, 6 ply radials that are the best in all conditions, sand, snow, rocks, dirt and pavement. Quiet yet aggressive. I have them on my Rhino and Suzuki atv. Spacers put an undue force on your suspension and are not needed.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a stock 2007 660 with and don't plan on putting much bigger tires on it when I replace them. Can you just give me your feelings on what spacers to put on front and rear to give me a little more stability. I just use it for hunting and around the ranch. Thanks

·
Registered
140 Posts
I don't like spacers but if you must, go with 1inch front and back and buy from a quality company. Aluminum is the main choice out there. I just put 27 inch tires with 12 inch wheels on my Rhino and it works great! You will lose a little power the bigger the tires and wheels as they are heavier than stock but it has a wider stance without spacer problems

·
Registered
97 Posts
so If I am reading this right, if I buy 4 rims 12x7 with a 5+2 offset and leave the 2" spacer on the rear, I will be even in al 4 corners, right?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Now I have found a thread that says a 4+3 offset is better so will I need any spacers to have the 26x9x12's on 12x7's with 4+3 offset even all way around? And then tell me who offers the best price on tires and wheels?

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
what do the number on the back of the wheel mean ?? I found some wheels on ebay I need but the number don't match my wheels but they are the same ones im looking for.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts