Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone switch their OEM bulbs to led? I haven't checked the part number yet but is there a replacement bulb you can buy at Autozone or somewhere of the like? Thanks.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

·
Registered
197 Posts
I just switched mine, but I bought the Yamaha LED lights, which also have a reverse light built in. They look really good, a nice deep red that covers the entire light area (not orange dots like the photos show).

These were supposed to be dealer-installed, but my buddy had a custom aluminum bed from his previous Rhino so he didn't need them.

I think they end result is a lot nicer than just popping in an LED replacement bulb.

Tail-light lit

Tail-light and reverse light lit

New harness beneath bed

·
Registered
197 Posts
Yes, the kit includes the entire housings and everything you need for a plug-and-play install, just like what's shown my first pic, and also includes a mini-automotive relay that isn't in the pic (for triggering the reverse lights when you shift into reverse).

According to Yamaha's site, they'll fit all models and all years (p/n SSV-5UG54-40-00). They are discontinued, but available from online retailers for around US$150 (MSRP US$169). Shop around because some sites still have them listed at the old retail price of US$196, "discounted" to around US$175. My buddy offered them to me for Cdn$80, so I couldn't say no.

Yeah, it's not that cheap, but considering how much money we dump into our machines, it's not that bad either.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts