Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Check out the new Ballistic LiFe batteries that are out for the Rhino. I think the Pro Shop in Stanton Ca. can get them. They only weigh 2 lbs!!! vs the Odyssey battery at almost 40lbs.
They are truly amazing at 1/4 the size, and have more cranking amps and capacity. They cost about the same as an odyssey, but are easy to charge, and out perform all other battery types. They are state of the art, and are what everyone is switching to now (that knows about them).

Once you see one of these batteries, you will be amazed....trust me.

·
Registered
6,996 Posts
Check out the new LiFe batteries that are out for the Rhino. I think the Pro Shop in Stanton Ca. can get them. They only weigh 6 lbs!!! vs the Odyssey battery at almost 40lbs.
They are truly amazing at 1/4 the size, and have more cranking amps and capacity. They cost about $20 bucks more than an odyssey, but are easy to charge, and out perform all other battery types. They are state of the art, and are what everyone is switching to now (that knows about them).

I think you are thinking of the Optima. The odyssey weighs 24.5 pounds. It has been a great battery for me. Bought it used two years ago and not a single issue.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,840 Posts
Check out the new LiFe batteries that are out for the Rhino. I think the Pro Shop in Stanton Ca. can get them. They only weigh 6 lbs!!! vs the Odyssey battery at almost 40lbs.
They are truly amazing at 1/4 the size, and have more cranking amps and capacity. They cost about $20 bucks more than an odyssey, but are easy to charge, and out perform all other battery types. They are state of the art, and are what everyone is switching to now (that knows about them).

I think you are thinking of the Optima. The odyssey weighs 24.5 pounds. It has been a great battery for me. Bought it used two years ago and not a single issue.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

at the meet n greet, lol

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
I swear by the 925... and no I don't sell them either... I don't know if it is 'best' or not...

Have had the one in the picture above for almost 4 years now...

They are heavy... and they do fit well in the stock better box IMO they fit better than the stock lawn mower battery...

Somebody said that they require a trickle charge... that is not true... the main distributor of that battery in the USA recommends a Canadian high-tech, fast-charger/trickle charger unit that I bought from summit racing when I got the battery...they both work great to this day...

I am interested in any 6lb battery that is 1/4 the size and has more capacity... hell yes... who wouldn't be interested in that...

Oh wait... FRANK... :rofl3:

------------------------------------------

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Erik I disagree with you on the 8 cell... IMO the 16 cell is what compares... the 16 cell Ballistic and pc925 are both 28 AH...but the Ballistic costs about $100 more than the pc925... the CCA is not the rating for comparison...as long as the CCA exceeds the required amount for the motor that is all that matters...

I would not get anything less than the 12 cell which has 20 AH rating...

The Ballistic Battery looks like a great battery... they are a much bigger advantage where weight and size are the main consideration...

The pc925 is definitely a heavy battery... it weighs 26 lbs... I would go for the Ballistic on a motorcycle, quad, snowmobile or anything where the weight really matters...

Dual 12 cell Ballistics would theoretically have 40 AH available and for people with lots of lights that would be a big bonus to have the light weight and small size... very expensive battery at that point but infinitely cheaper and easier to install in which case the price of the batteries is a wash imo... so there it would make a lot of sense IMO...

I don't see any bang for the buck in the smaller 4 and 8 cell ballistics in a rhino except for a back up battery... but I could be wrong about that...

A lot of people don't think the pc925 is worth the difference in price over a lead-acid battery and so IMO all three batteries definitely have their pros and cons...

The ONLY con I see on the Ballistic is the price at this point...so it does look like the future...!

·
Registered
5,840 Posts
I swear by the 925... and no I don't sell them either... I don't know if it is 'best' or not...

Have had the one in the picture above for almost 4 years now...

They are heavy... and they do fit well in the stock better box IMO they fit better than the stock lawn mower battery...

Somebody said that they require a trickle charge... that is not true... the main distributor of that battery in the USA recommends a Canadian high-tech, fast-charger/trickle charger unit that I bought from summit racing when I got the battery...they both work great to this day...

I am interested in any 6lb battery that is 1/4 the size and has more capacity... hell yes... who wouldn't be interested in that...

Oh wait... FRANK... :rofl3:

------------------------------------------

less weight more filling taste great, lol

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Erik I disagree with you on the 8 cell... IMO the 16 cell is what compares... the 16 cell Ballistic and pc925 are both 28 AH...but the Ballistic costs about $100 more than the pc925... the CCA is not the rating for comparison...as long as the CCA exceeds the required amount for the motor that is all that matters...

I would not get anything less than the 12 cell which has 20 AH rating...

The Ballistic Battery looks like a great battery... they are a much bigger advantage where weight and size are the main consideration...

The pc925 is definitely a heavy battery... it weighs 26 lbs... I would go for the Ballistic on a motorcycle, quad, snowmobile or anything where the weight really matters...

Dual 12 cell Ballistics would theoretically have 40 AH available and for people with lots of lights that would be a big bonus to have the light weight and small size... very expensive battery at that point but infinitely cheaper and easier to install in which case the price of the batteries is a wash imo... so there it would make a lot of sense IMO...

I don't see any bang for the buck in the smaller 4 and 8 cell ballistics in a rhino except for a back up battery... but I could be wrong about that...

A lot of people don't think the pc925 is worth the difference in price over a lead-acid battery and so IMO all three batteries definitely have their pros and cons...

The ONLY con I see on the Ballistic is the price at this point...so it does look like the future...!

The one I saw was an 8 cell. The manufacturer claims it is better than 90% of the oem batteries out there, so I would assume it's better than a stock rhino batery. Real world testing will prove how long these hold a charge. Personally I would run 2 of the 16 cells if I had the money. I currently run an odyssey pc925 and hopefully it lasts until the price on the life batteries goes down a bit. I know the price on the odysseys never went down. We'll see how it all plays out.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts