Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so at 50mph my motor sounds about like its gonna blow. soon imma be runnin 26 or 27" Zillas. i have stock clutch weights. can i put ODs in my standard UTV Crap machined clutch? i can run 59 with a bad tuned carb right now. more is great and i cant lose any low end. gaining low and mid would be great with staying around where i am on top end just lowering RPMs. should i go OD or no? if so what weight?

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dang it, stock weights

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
just so I'm understanding you....
the motor sounds like its going to blow at 50MPH, but does 59MPH with a bad carb.
then you want to put on much heavier tires - 26 or 27 zillas.
you want more speed, but don't want to lose low end.

So I guess my first question is, how fast do you want to go ?
you do realize you have a single lunger between your seats, and it can only do so much.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
on another note - I see you live in NC, not too far from Ashboro.
we have family out there and my wife is trying to talk me into buying a place back there - whats the riding like around the ashboro area ?

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
im actually a hour from asheboro so ive never rode there but thats where my go to guy is and he does real good work. it depends how you ride. Uwharrie i dont think is too far from there but its rocky. i like fast and mud so i ride just around here around my place. now i meant to say sounds like its gonna blow at 55 not 50. 50 isnt too bad but id like it lower. id like to see 60 once i put the airbox and k&n on with a full exhaust. the jetting was a bit off not a bad carb. and yea the zillas run a inch short so 27s are actually 26s and 26s are 25s and there lighter than stock. 25s are anyway. yea i want to lower the rpms because its a single

1 - 7 of 7 Posts