Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I traded a basket case four wheeler for a cobbled up mess rhino. I started with a new starter solenoid, now it cracks over. Everything I read led me to believe a cdi goes out often. Still no spark, but I feel better anyway. I got the meter out and started trouble shooting. (Thanks TINKEN). I got to the stator and it was a mess, the connections were laying in a mess of oily dirt. Pulse generator (pickup coil) failed and two of the lines are grounded to each other. I will buy a stator next. Anyone have any other advice while I am waiting on parts?

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I removed the stator and did some testing after it was removed. The stator showed 0.5 ohms across all 3 lines. Range is 0.32-0.43. Not that far off, is it? Pickup coil shows open line but should be between 459-561. That would make sense why I have no spark. Still waiting for parts. Any reason to remove the flywheel? The service manual is not that easy to follow, kinda jumps around a bit. Anything else I should look for while I’m in there? It actually looks pretty clean, I was pleasantly surprised. I took a picture and attached

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts