Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed this problem when driving my Rhino 660 around the neighborhood every once in a while. Ill be cruising around 25 mph, let off the gas when approaching a stop, and instead of the engine braking slowing it down, I hear this weird "flushing" noise coming from somewhere in the tranny and there is no engine braking at all...it just keeps rolling the same speed basically. The rpm's sound like they go down to idle while it's doing this. It almost feels like something breaks loose when it does this.

I changed the oil last week, and was test driving it today, and it was doing this at first while the engine was still warming up. After about 5 minutes, it stopped doing it. Has anybody ever heard of this happening before?
What could be causing this problem?

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Call James at jbs he seems to have the best price on this stuff from what I have read. Seems like a real good guy also. He can get you the bearing and seal you will need to do the job.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
is this a normal problem for rhinos?
Somewhat..... Its a simple fix. Drain oil,remove seats and engine cover,remove cvt side cover,clutch cover,primary clutch,collar,belt,fixed sheave,plastic behind fixed sheave then clutch houseing and the one way sits in there. Just make sure you get it in right. And also put the belt back on the same way it comes off.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts