Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Yamaha Rhino 700 Sport Edition
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. Newbie here. Just bought a 2009 Rhino 700 2 weeks ago. The previous owners added a turbo and FS Ignition module. Been reading about diagnostic codes and I can’t seem to get into the diagnostics mode by pressing the 2 left buttons on the dash and turning on the ignition. Does the new FS Ignition box have something to do with this? Just wanted to see if there are any codes. It doesn’t seem to pick up or reach a top speed compared to what most people are posting that have turbos.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Welcome! Should go into DM as shown in the following video and the aftermarket ignition you have shouldn't matter. RHINO DIAGNOSTIC MODE

I'd start with your clutches if you're not getting top speed. Pull the cover off the CVT, start motor and rev it up while watching the belt. Visually ensure the belt is traveling all the way to the top of the sheave. If it's not, time for service....likely old dried grease and dirt. I'd change the belt too for piece of mind.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome! Should go into DM as shown in the following video and the aftermarket ignition you have shouldn't matter. RHINO DIAGNOSTIC MODE

I'd start with your clutches if you're not getting top speed. Pull the cover off the CVT, start motor and rev it up while watching the belt. Visually ensure the belt is traveling all the way to the top of the sheave. If it's not, time for service....likely old dried grease and dirt. I'd change the belt too for piece of mind.
I tried that. Maybe I didn’t hold it down long enough. Will try again.
Thanks. I’ll check the belt and sheave.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tried getting into diagnostic mode again and still nothing. Held the 2 buttons for quite some time and turned the ignition on like in all the videos I've seen and still can't get it to go into DM. Any other ideas? If there is nothing in the DM will it still go into DM mode?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Wow that’s crazy. Try Sandbuster’s suggestion and also disconnect the electrical plug(s) for the meter and reconnect.

Do you know anyone else with a Rhino? Could swap meters and see what happens.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
PC, have you tried disconnecting the battery for a few minutes to reboot the display?
Ya. I just put a new battery in 2 weeks ago so that should have reset everything.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
The other thought is to confirm it’s an OEM meter. Possibly the PO replaced with an aftermarket unit.
When you guys say “meter” do you just mean the display on the inside or is there another piece that is connected to the display? The display on the inside looks very stock

1 - 9 of 9 Posts