Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Other day went for a little cruise, engine back fired once or twice, then stalled.

at first was able to turn it over no problem at all, then battery dropped from cranking engine over. Got hauled home by another sxs, on e I arrived home i thru a battery charger onto battery to let it charge over night hoping come morning it wouldfire up.

at firsti still had no crank, but i had click at starter relay,
Aftef a couple attempts relay quit clicking or making any sounds,

grabbed volt meter checked for voltage, had nothing on motor side of relay, and nothing at starter when trying to turn key.

i got it to my buddy’s garage to check it over better, now its giving me a code when i turn key on, Code 12???
I know its the crank position sensor, but any other possibilitys before ordering one and ripping it apart? Im completely stumped!

2009 rhino 700 efi special edition
New battery less then month ago,

· Registered
543 Posts
First thing is to pull the air intake system and get down to the mass of connectors that is at the skid pan below the passenger left hip. The CPS connector is there. Pull all of them apart, clean, grease and reconnect to verify that is not the problem. Verify motor ground as well. IIRC it is below the throttle body on the block. Make sure your ground connections are good and do not trust how they look.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts