Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a few questions,

my 06 660 Rhino has 1600 miles on it, and I was wondering about what preventive things I should do.

I did change all the fluids today, oil wise. Glad I did, the rear differential had about 1/4 cup of oil in it. The engine oil was so black and thick, that I thought about putting it in my grease gun. Front differential was a pain, I couldn't find a hose to put on my funnel, so ended up using a anti-freeze tester to fill it up with the new oil.

The preventive things I was thinking about is like running breather tubes to the air cleaner? So it don't suck water or dirt into the system. Or any other free or low cost mods. I am thinking of getting some sort of metal grate to put in the front to protect the radiator. I can see that its a little exposed, and can also see a piece of grease wood going thru it. Any help on these matters would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Always check the oil every ride. Keep the air filter clean and keep an eye on the diff fluids if you play in water/mud.
The rad is fairly well protected. Unless you do a lot of bushwhacking. Keep it clean if you like to play in mud. If there's a stick going through the rad and it's not leaking now then you're probably good. Remove it carefully.
Another thing to keep an eye on is the wheel bearings, rear knuckle bushings and ball joints. Every so now and then, jack up the machine to test for side to side /up and down play at the wheels and then diagnose from there.

·
Registered
395 Posts
for the rad...at loes or home depot the sell xpanded metal i got the 1'x18" like 15 bucks and cut with tin snips and 4 bolts...change fuel filter....run the good gas it helps...if oil looked that bad change again cuz lots get traped in cooler up front and the lines...use yamaha oil yamalube

·
Registered
395 Posts
not sure who donka is?...but bowtie if my radiator your asking...there is lots of pics in my sig...and a couple of the exspanded metal in front of rad...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts