Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a rhino 700 sport edition and wanna run 31” tires and 16” wheels. It has a 2” lift and 28” mud lites now. Just curious to know if it would work.

·
Super Lead Moderator
3,809 Posts
You'll be pushing a lot of weight, may rub in the rear as you go up and over stuff. Be sure to slug your wet clutch as you'll smoke it quick if your not careful.

·
Registered
475 Posts
They don't rub in the back ..... they rub the floor board!
I have 29.5 Outlaw2's with a 2" lift and they rub the front floorboard when on an incline or in a deep ditch angle, I would think a regular 31" (not outlaws) would probably be tolerable and I would not trade my 29.5 OL2's for anything .... a little rub when at a hard angle when you are always going slow anyway don't hurt a thing!!!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They don't rub in the back ..... they rub the floor board!
I have 29.5 Outlaw2's with a 2" lift and they rub the front floorboard when on an incline or in a deep ditch angle, I would think a regular 31" (not outlaws) would probably be tolerable and I would not trade my 29.5 OL2's for anything .... a little rub when at a hard angle when you are always going slow anyway don't hurt a thing!!!!!
If I don’t go with the 31” tires I may just run 30” silverbacks for right now.

·
Registered
475 Posts
If I don’t go with the 31” tires I may just run 30” silverbacks for right now.
Go ahead and dig all that stale cash out of your smelly old wallet and plink down for a set of 29.5 Outlaw2's if you have to ride in deep mud.
I ride with guys with RZR's and 34" to 36" Terminators and I have been know to go through holes where they got stuck!

·
Registered
475 Posts
And whether you go bigger than 28" or not you need to dig around for some pocket change and call Todd at Hunterworks for a machined clutch and a slug kit.
If you stay with 28's don't let him talk you into a secondary spring, but if you go bigger get the secondary spring too ..... it will take some getting used to even with 30's.

YEP ..... That will air out that crusted up smelly old wallet for you ....... You're welcome!!!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
And whether you go bigger than 28" or not you need to dig around for some pocket change and call Todd at Hunterworks for a machined clutch and a slug kit.
If you stay with 28's don't let him talk you into a secondary spring, but if you go bigger get the secondary spring too ..... it will take some getting used to even with 30's.

YEP ..... That will air out that crusted up smelly old wallet for you ....... You're welcome!!!!!
Thanks fella I’ll definitely do it.
Just trying to get away from mud lites. I don’t like them at all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts