Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Thunderbolt, thought I would have a boo and see if I can learn a bit on the Rhinos and maybe find a good buy, I don't mind paying for one that's well equipped and in good shape. I've been to Checkpoint Yamaha where I have bought a couple of M/Cs over the yrs. if I buy new I have to spend big bucks to get it the way I want.

Tnks. for the reply,Thunderbolt talk at you later, hope your Xmas and New Yr. was good.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Welcome!

If you're looking for a good deal on a Rhino - DON'T BUY LOCAL!!!! Head down to AZ or Cali and pick up an already pimped one for less than a used stocker up here.

Trust me - if you buy one here out of obligation to a dealer, you'll be sorry! :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thxs. for the tip my man, I guess a person would have to drive down with your trailer and just hang out and look around till something came up ??

Gilbert

·
Registered
647 Posts
Some guys throw in the trailer, but basically make a deal with a guy on here or use your own trailer... (there are ALWAYS sweet, well maintained machines coming up). If I had to do it over again, I'd buy a nice Rotax'd Rhino with LT suspension... Unless you're worried about trail width - then get a stock or mid-travel. Either way, you can get them for RIDICULOUS prices on here!

Once the deal is arranged, drive down and pick it up! RIV won't care about the Rhino, but any trailer you get must be approved for import.

Pay tax at the border - that's it!

·
Registered
561 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Good luck with your rhino hunt!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Unless you're worried about trail width - then get a stock or mid-travel.!
Gilbert lives near me, where mid-travel is too wide. lol

I installed 5+2 beadlocks, and they're an inch wider than the stock SE rims in the front, so I no longer fit down certain tech trails.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Your right Thunderbolt, but 90% of the units I've seen on here are wide I do not care for the look, besides like you say they are to wide for us, they also look vulnerable in the CV and fork areas for the big rocks that I ride over. It will be difficult to find a stock width plus the wide wheels will not fit in my 6x12 enclosed trailer.

·
Registered
197 Posts
You're in the same boat as me, but not everyone is a duner, so at some point you'll find a stock-width Rhino. Just be patient.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Your right Thunderbolt, but 90% of the units I've seen on here are wide I do not care for the look, besides like you say they are to wide for us, they also look vulnerable in the CV and fork areas for the big rocks that I ride over. It will be difficult to find a stock width plus the wide wheels will not fit in my 6x12 enclosed trailer.
I'm running stock suspension, 2+5 rears, and still have 4" on each side when it's inside my 6x10 enclosed. Keep in mind you'll need a very tall internal dimension on the trailer to get the cage inside the door. Which is why I now transport it on a flat deck. :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hello Thunderbolt seen an ad in Kajiji 2007 Rhino SE lots of mods. its on page 5 asking $ 9300 will not have pwr. steering I don't think and that is a must, my KQ now doesn't have and I would prefer PS, let me know this rig and what you think.

Gil !

·
Registered
647 Posts
Baaad deal!!! Plus, you won't find many rhinos with PS...its not required. Seriously - a built 686 on here goes for 6500... You can't get anything CLOSE to that here.

I'll shut up now... But think twice before buying local! :)

·
Registered
561 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks Hymarker for your help it is really appreciated, I will check the one in Portland on cl.

Doe's your 08 have pwr. steering and what yr. did they put them in, my KQ quad does not have ps and its a ***** at times over big rocks etc.

Talk to you soon, Cheers Gil

·
Registered
561 Posts
Thanks Hymarker for your help it is really appreciated, I will check the one in Portland on cl.

Doe's your 08 have pwr. steering and what yr. did they put them in, my KQ quad does not have ps and its a ***** at times over big rocks etc.

Talk to you soon, Cheers Gil
Mine does not have power steering. To my knowledge no rhinos came with it. Putting it on is somewhat easy, i think, I have never felt i needed it. Couple times it would have been nice. Good luck.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
What yr. did Rhino come out with EFI, which I feel is important, what are you guy experiences with this ?

·
Registered
193 Posts
2008 was first year EFI. I have had mine since mid 08 and have had minimal issues with EFI - none in fact, only an electrical issue that was due to a bad connection. Love mine - 15000km and very little in maintenance repairs - accessories....ok, a lot more spent there!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Tnxs. Stroodle, how do you find the Rhino without pwr. steering, I see a lot sxs have ps A/C, Polaris, Can Am. I have it doesn't make a difference. ??

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.