Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone.

I am buying a 2006 Rhino from a buddy of mine and will be using this site to learn more from others about the operation and maintenance of this Rhino.

Just moved to Idaho Falls in October 2020 and bought some land I am going to develop up in Southwest Montana as my retirement home. Had never visited, no less, ever lived in this part of the US.

Left my battery-powered Hunt Buggy (converted EZGO) back in Pennsylvania and figured I needed some type of gas-powered UTV for the more hilly terrain up at my new place.

My buddy worked as a welder so he put an extra sturdy cage on this UTV himself. I am getting two sets of tires (one slightly larger than the others); two extra axles and two extra seats.

Should I have the larger set of tires on it for off-roading/trail riding? I figured I'd put a wench on the front. I'll need to read up on what I should carry when trail-riding. Any suggestions or hints would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
219 Posts
Hey man - Welcome! Good looking machine and will be nice to have on your property. What size are the new tires? They look significantly taller & wider.

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Bigger tires are fine if putting around but if u ride hard u need to slug the wet clutch and invest in a machined sheave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: HighDezRhino

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey I just got my 08 700 about 6 months ago... I love it... I ride north Idaho a lot (quads before the Rhino) basically up where I ride you pretty much need everything... I have a huge tool kit, with everything from wrenches and sockets to electrical wiring and and connectors... cell phones are almost no good in most places when you get in the mountains and depending on the time of year and where you are you might not see anyone all day! and a 20+ mile walk to anything that resembles a main road you need to be prepared the only thing that is a negative that I have seen is with the side by side when my wife and I ride it's only one rig.. so not tow it out or ride double option.... but we love it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts