Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IVE had my 2006 660 Rhino for about a year now, it has a pretty bad @$$ kit on it not sure exactly what it is but I call it the GOAT cause it can go anywhere, even places rzrs and canams can't. it says STRUT on the body kit and I've seen Bad Ass Rhino on one of the axles. Recently I had to do a stator job and re wired the electrics but seems to be a bad ass rig!!!! Stator charges at 14.2 V at idle with no lights on. 12.6 with light bar and frontI spots. If yall ever seen something like this please let me know what I've got here.
Shoe Blue Motor vehicle Comfort Automotive design

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread Vehicle Tire

Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive lighting Automotive exterior Vehicle door

Vehicle Automotive tire Plant Motor vehicle Van

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Bumper

Sky Aircraft Vehicle Airplane Aviation

Automotive lighting Amber Bumper Automotive exterior Cable

Sky Automotive lighting Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Premium Member
936 Posts
Hard to tell from the pictures

Long travel industry +5 kit from what little is was able to see

·
Registered
2006 Yamaha Rhino 660, Explorer, new Progressive 429 Shocks
57 Posts
Nice rig, expensive reservoir shocks. Stock they don't use an alternator and running the aftermarket light bar and stereo will likely drain the battery and that's probably why it has a car battery installed. Does it still a starter battery under the cover? You'll likely have to recharge that car battery with a plug in charger often, don't let it drop below 50% charge.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice rig, expensive reservoir shocks. Stock they don't use an alternator and running the aftermarket light bar and stereo will likely drain the battery and that's probably why it has a car battery installed. Does it still a starter battery under the cover? You'll likely have to recharge that car battery with a plug in charger often, don't let it drop below 50% charge.
i actually installed the second battery because yes it did drain fast but come to find out the stator was bad. changed it out and now it charges at 14.2 vice 11.9 v like it did before the stator change. so far so good on the battery the problem i have is the light bar keeps melting the bigfoot switch in the dash pannle i think i need to get a heavy duty switch that light seems to draw alot of current throught the switch to melt it. and i dont use the bar light very often so as to keep the charging voltage up

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes it does still have the original battery i have them hooked up togeather.

·
Registered
57 Posts
yes it does still have the original battery i have them hooked up togeather.
You shouldn't wire two batteries together that aren't identical. Use a selector switch that allows you to choose between battery A, B or both A and B. You should only use the combined batteries when you need a jump.

·
Registered
57 Posts
i actually installed the second battery because yes it did drain fast but come to find out the stator was bad. changed it out and now it charges at 14.2 vice 11.9 v like it did before the stator change. so far so good on the battery the problem i have is the light bar keeps melting the bigfoot switch in the dash pannle i think i need to get a heavy duty switch that light seems to draw alot of current throught the switch to melt it. and i dont use the bar light very often so as to keep the charging voltage up
You need to add a relay not a heavy duty switch. They're easy to install and prevent damaging switches and wiring.

Good work diagnosing the stator.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You need to add a relay not a heavy duty switch. They're easy to install and prevent damaging switches and wiring.

Good work diagnosing the stator.
Thanks it was MFer forsure i actually had to do the job basically twice cause the seal i put on the case the first time didnt seat correctly and i was leaking oil, got another seal took it all apart again and this time tacked the seal on with some RTV (very little amount) the cool thing is the second time i took off the crank case with the water pump attached, made sure not to rotate the water pump at all and the whole thing went right back on, saved probably about 45 to and hour taking off and putting back on the water pump.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I use the following relays as it comes with the harness and then I have several for other projects. Horns, auxilary lights, etc should all be run through a relay.

See the wiring diagram:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I use the following relays as it comes with the harness and then I have several for other projects. Horns, auxilary lights, etc should all be run through a relay.

See the wiring diagram:
Thank you for the information !!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts