Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, HI! I was just given a 2005 Yamaha rhino 660. Besides the normal cold start of the rhino everything is good except one thing. If it dies in gear, I am looking at 5 to 15 minutes of wiggling the shifter around to get it to go back into neutral. All of the lights work on the dash, but low will not work even though it lights up when you turn the machine on. The shifting gears are not worn and the teeth look fine. I basically do not have low for some reason. It will say that I am in high. Driving me nuts can you help?

·
Registered
6 Posts
My 06 Rhino 660 has pretty much the same issue, no low gear. I adjusted the shift linkage on the passenger side of the airbox and lost low gear. I was having issues with it grinding when going from reverse to high gear or vice versa. I really don't have a need for low gear and I like the way it shifts now. I'm planning to leave it like it is. As far as wiggling the shifter for 5-15 minutes, are you trying to do this to restart the motor? If so, you should be able to mash the brake pedal and start in gear

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My 06 Rhino 660 has pretty much the same issue, no low gear. I adjusted the shift linkage on the passenger side of the airbox and lost low gear. I was having issues with it grinding when going from reverse to high gear or vice versa. I really don't have a need for low gear and I like the way it shifts now. I'm planning to leave it like it is. As far as wiggling the shifter for 5-15 minutes, are you trying to do this to restart the motor? If so, you should be able to mash the brake pedal and start in gear
I did not know that about the brake pedal. I need low gear for several reasons. I ordered a new shift assembly last night and hope that this fixes it. Mine does not grind at all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts