Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Im Scott and this is my new toy. Just picked up this rhino today. Looking forward to reading here and learning about them. I have been into atvs all my life.
Its basically stock with two brothers duel exhaust and wheels and tires. I personally dont like the exhaust but reading here says duels is the way to go. Its way loud for my taste. I do like performance though so I guess its a trade off.
Doing the brakes all around tomorrow then going to try it out.
I will be ordering a gps , radio mount, skid plates and a wench for it in the next few days Just have to figure out what I want.

·
Registered
88 Posts

Im Scott and this is my new toy. Just picked up this rhino today. Looking forward to reading here and learning about them. I have been into atvs all my life.
Its basically stock with two brothers duel exhaust and wheels and tires. I personally dont like the exhaust but reading here says duels is the way to go. Its way loud for my taste. I do like performance though so I guess its a trade off.
Doing the brakes all around tomorrow then going to try it out.
I will be ordering a gps , radio mount and wench for it in the next few days Just have to figure out what I want.
Yellow looks good ;)

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was this or a black one. All the others I looked at were just ragged out already. Does any one know if there is a tip or something I can add to the two brothers exhasut to quite it down some. Thats the only gripe I have so far.

·
Registered
133 Posts
The Two Brothers duals are nice...but they are loud...and there's not much you can do about it.
I had an aftermarket exhaust on mine for awhile...and went back to stock because I got sick of the noise.I don't regret it at all.

·
Registered
395 Posts
get ya some doors...and wellcome

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Called the dealer and will be dropping it off to get the doors and rear wheel spacer recall done. I want full half doors but for now I will take the free ones.

Do these handle that much different with the rear wheel spacers and rear sway bar removed?

Once I get the carb back together I will take it in for the recalls.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Welcome! Good looking Rhino! Check into the Jbs sheave, it will get you a little more performance out of it! You wont regret it.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Pulled the car apart and it has a burnt throtle sleeve or what ever you call it. I would assume this is why it bogs down on initial take offs.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Wow... That's ugly. I've never seen anything like that come out of a carburetor.

Nice looking unit though. It'd be cool with the traditional Yamaha racing black stripe motif.

One of my first (recent) mods, I put the 5-point harnesses in and wow... BIG difference for riding comfort. I removed the OEM and added half-doors. Another riding comfort improvement (door is an arm rest).

You can fit the P1-X tips into your TB dual exhausts and it makes some difference. I'm not sure if it is the 6-7dB they claim. Either way, I agree, it's loud. Less when wearing an MX helmet.

A one-half shield may keep the love bugs out of your throat.

I put the aluminum tube step-bumper on and reinforced the tailgate straps and added rubber baby buggy bumpers to help support the tailgate. It's two-person weight sturdy now.

I didn't realize it, but I use the mirrors more than I thought I would (which if you are harnessed-in with a helmet on, is the only way to see behind you anyways).

Have fun ! Be safe !

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Mirrors and harnesses are first on the mod list. The only ride we have coming up in the next few weeks is mudmuckers and its mostly slow and muddy the stock seat belts will work for that. I will have the harnesses and bar before we go to the national forest though.
Doors I will be upgrading but for now I will take the free ones. lol

I got my jet kit today now I just need to figure out what size will work best with my exhasut set up. Still waiting on the throtle plate thing

·
Registered
319 Posts
I as thinking about that. Looks like perhaps a soaking in acetone to me.

That's a real Bozo-Nono on an FCR carb.

It does exactly THAT to plastics.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Got the new slide thingy and jet kit installed today. With the air box lid removed it runs perfect. Still bogs some with it on.

I used the 145 pilot jet and 170 main 2 screws out on air mix.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Might try lowering the needle a notch (raise the clip "Up" one).
You dont have a link to a picture of what your talking about do you. I looked for that I did not see one that was adjustable. I have the original needle it did have shims on it . I installed the 167.5 jet and reinstalled the airbox lid and it runs damn near perfect. I will try the next few sizes smaller after I am out somewhere to properly test it. Tested it today on some empty mobile home lots behind my shop. I plan the get an A/F gauge to make sure its dialed in and I will be able to monitor it. Any recomendations on a gauge.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts