Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Steering wheels are somewhat foreign objects to me.. I keep looking for the clutch.

The girl and I found an 08 LE with 29 hours on it.

It's got a TB dual exhaust.

Besides how to steer it I'm trying to figure out a number of things.

...like if I can get it in the truck. How (or if I should) to alter my Kendon 2 M/C Stand-up.

Most of the time I'll put the dirt bikes in the pickup and the Rhino in the toyhauler.

I'm also looking for a openable (vented) front window and a canvas wrap (enclosure).

I may think about adding the juice box too. ...otherwise it's just going to remain a pretty much stock bop-around toy. .....unless I can find carbon fiber for it. * LOL *

Any help and/or suggestions are welcome !

·
Registered
561 Posts
Welcome! Check out the jbs hot rod sheave for your rhino. Its the first thing you should buy for it. You wont regret it.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Ooh, if only the rhino's came with a manual transmission that would be awesome and a lot more fun.

The rhino will fit in the bed of a full size truck I believe, I've never tried it, I would rather load and unload off of a trailer, seen way too many accidents with ramps with truck beds, atv's going through back windows of trucks, etc. Plus its a ton of bed space that is lost. Oh and I have a camper shell on my truck so it wouldn't exactly fit anyhow.

As for the window, and the enclosure, there are many different brands on the market, none of which I'm familiar with as I can't afford to mod my rhino right now. The best thing to do is do a google search for UTV windshields and enclosures.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hymarker: Hot Rodd Sheave ? Sounds like something you'd (not want to) get in prison.

Educate me...

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wildbill: Yes... I have. Which is why I am on complete overload.

Dirt bike stuff is easy compared to this game !

Thanks... Nice meetin ya. Stay warm up there ! (I say as rain pours down in CA)

·
Registered
561 Posts
Hymarker: Hot Rodd Sheave ? Sounds like something you'd (not want to) get in prison.

Educate me...
It's an aftermarket mod you can do to your primary clutch. Lots more low end, and pulls hard all the way to the rev limit, lowers your cruising rpms. Best mod you can do to your rhino. Check out jbs in the vendor section. Read some of the reviews about them. It's awesome!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hymark: Ahhhh... That sounds good.

Sounds like it would make a positive effect on mileage also.

Any idea what kind of <ballpark> range a a stocker with an AM exhaust gets ?

Figuring I might as well pick your brain while you're tapped in here.

...and thank-you BTW.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Not sure on the mileage. But when I put mine on my 700, I went from about getting 8 beers per tank to about 12 if that helps, lol. It definatly helps with mileage. I can prob go about 90 to 100 miles of easy riding at a cruising rpm? On your stock 700 it changes your rev limit from 40 to 50, where mine liked to cruise at about 25 to 30, it now likes about 35 to 43. It's sweet.

·
Registered
252 Posts
On my stock rhino running around on trails at about 15mph I average around 150 miles per tank of gas. Problem is I love to test the abilities of the rhino so I very rarely see that 150 miles. My dealer said a lot of people tell him they get the mid to high 20's for mileage on their rhino's. Don't know if that's really good or bad. But I didn't buy it figuring to get exception fuel economy either.

·
Registered
561 Posts
On my stock rhino running around on trails at about 15mph I average around 150 miles per tank of gas. Problem is I love to test the abilities of the rhino so I very rarely see that 150 miles. My dealer said a lot of people tell him they get the mid to high 20's for mileage on their rhino's. Don't know if that's really good or bad. But I didn't buy it figuring to get exception fuel economy either.
Those numbers seem little high to me, but you might get that going down hill both ways.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hy: Only 40 more minutes ? Sheesh...
By that time I better get back to the truck ! :alcoholic:

·
Registered
252 Posts
Those numbers seem little high to me, but you might get that going down hill both ways.
When you just putter around they get awesome gas mileage, its when you press the skinny pedal on the right down really hard that you watch the gas gauge move. Or maybe my speedometer is off like every other POS sensor on the rhino's are. Like when you have a half a tank of fuel left the gauge reads 1/4.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wildbill: Yea... I get the digital gas gauge bit..

One drop under the increment and it shows the lower amount. Same as Yamaha Wave-Runners.

I have a dirt bike. If I want to go fast, that's the go-to machine.

Chances are this unit won't ever be going that fast. I'd lose a dog and my girl. If either catch back up with me I'd be a goner.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
If you're an ex racer...you will LOVE James' sheave!!! I won't try to bs ya though...your milage is probably gonna SUCK pretty bad the first few times you ride after the install cuz you're gonna be roostin it all the time!! The low end gain is UNBELIEVABLE compaired to the factory ride you are used to... you will very seldom need low again!! The extra 10mph on top will keep you cheesing as well...the noise you are getting now at 40, will DRAMATICALLY be reduced...throttle resonse is instant...as far as I am concerned...this is the BEST mod you can put on a Rhino!!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Scott: Yea... I heard that was the hot ticket.

...but like I said, I'm not going anywhere FAST in it.

I'll roost on the M/C.

On noise... The dual TB VALE exhaust in race configuration is already annoying me. ...but I'll bet it rips compared to preformance with the stock can.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
The engine noise/whine is the reduction I am referring to; not, the exhaust. The extra speed is just an added bonus to the package. The instant throttle response and low end grunt was my reason for buying...not the speed...I work mine as much as I "play" w/it. After the mod, it no longer feels like the bike has a stall converter.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Hy: Only 40 more minutes ? Sheesh...
By that time I better get back to the truck ! :alcoholic:
Drink tall boys! Fuel lasts longer. As long as you don't press on the skinny one, apparently.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Scott: Ahhh... Got it. There a "How to" somewhere around this place ? I've got two dirt bikes, two dual sports, two sport bikes and now a Rhino. I hope this is an easy thing to do because I'm getting too old and too tired to wrench on all this ****.

Hy: They make small ones ?

P.S. Nice scooter ya got there. Do you have pics of it with the tracks on ? Looks wicked... Is there a snowboard tow to the top in my future ?

·
Registered
561 Posts
Check out my profile, got a few. Will post more pics this winter. Bring your board and beer and we will go.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts