Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I just bought a 06 Rhino the blue and silver one with alum. wheels. It has 1700 miles and doesn't appear to badly beaten on the outside. What should I do and or check besides fluids, belts, filters, welds and nuts and bolts? It is, as far as I can tell, completly stock. I believe in preventive maintance.... Thanks in advance, Artie

·
Registered
7 Posts
Im new too. what you listed sums it up well. Get yourself a manual and check your valves so you know where you stand in that respect. Seems pretty easy with the help of the book. Other things to check are tires and bent rims/tie rods. Drive it, see if it pulls hard to one side. Get yourself a shop manual.... read it and start making a list of things to check.... easy as there is a section on maintenance. Good luck with your ride. Mine is in a thousand pieces for mods that this forum convinced me that I needed. See above thread on Sand Questions.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Welcome and congrats! Sounds like you have a pretty good grasp on the basics. Check out the jbs hot rod sheave, it is the best mod for the buck for low end power and a little more speed with lower cruising rpms. Well worth the money.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
make sure you change the diff fluid and always carry an extra fuel filter in glove box(660 love new fuel filters)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your replys. I have been watching some videos on utube.... cracks me up what a snorkel can do! I do want to do something with the driven sheave for more free power. And clean and lube the clutch side while I'm in there. It dosen't have bent wheels and no pulling on the front end. What was original tires for a blue and silver SE. What bolt pattern is the wheels? I want to get some smoother rims tires for summer driving. Thanks to all, Artie

1 - 5 of 5 Posts