Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I would like a little help. I bought a 2004 rhino 660. I took it out for the first time last week and on the flats and roads it does fine but trying to go up some hills it starts to bog down and sputter. When it does this it wouldn’t move under its own power. If you give it a little push it will start to move and has plenty of torque and speed. I’m so thinking I need to rebuild the carb and put in a electric fuel pump. Is there anything else that you guys can think of them at I would need to check and fix. Any help is appreciated. Thanks guys

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
Welcome to the group! If I understand what you are saying, you engine seemed to be bogging down, not that the engine was strong but it wasn't moving which would indicate clutch/belt issues. If it runs well on flat ground without sputtering then I doubt it is a dirty carb. If that was dirty then it would happen all the time. Could be a fuel issue which probably would be fixed by installing an electric pump. I installed a cheap Ebay pump and reading other comments, i suggest you spend the money for the black rhino kit at around $100 or so. I'll probably end up doing that myself eventually because this cheap pump is loud.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ordered a pump and it’s on it’s way. I will take a look at the clutch and belt. Thank you for the help

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi guys I would like a little help. I bought a 2004 rhino 660. I took it out for the first time last week and on the flats and roads it does fine but trying to go up some hills it starts to bog down and sputter. When it does this it wouldn’t move under its own power. If you give it a little push it will start to move and has plenty of torque and speed. I’m so thinking I need to rebuild the carb and put in a electric fuel pump. Is there anything else that you guys can think of them at I would need to check and fix. Any help is appreciated. Thanks guys
Check your breather box from carb to the end of the snorkel iv seen rats build nest in the snorkel are breather box it would idle fine but wouldn't pull out of its tracks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It has a cold air intake so the filter connects right to the carb. I did clean the filter thinking it might no to clogged up and that didn’t help. Thank for your help

·
Premium Member
3,158 Posts
U got pics of ur setup?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts