Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bout to get some new tires. im lookin for something thats good on trail, but still good in mud with good ride. lookin at swamplites, mud trax and zillas. want to run around a 26''.. i know zillas run small so probably a 27, but think swamplite and mud trax run true. any opinions on them or different input.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
looks good doesnt have a very deep tread.. whats so different in the radials and the regualr ply tires?..leaning toward swamplite right now..26-10 and 26-12.. will those fit a stock wheels on stock 05 rhino?

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
zillas are great, i run 28" wides all four corners. for an agressive tire they ride smooth, turn easy. light weight makes them easy to turn in the mud

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
still running the stock maxxis tires.. i have always had more trouble with the slick wet hardpack on other side of mud hole then the actual mud.. i hit slick hard pack and spin..

·
Registered
120 Posts
Pitbull Tires

Pitbull Tires carries growlers or rockers that have been proven in the mud and on the trails.I can say these are the best 8 ply UTV tires in the market.

Tons of traction and bark behind pitbull tires.

·
Registered
101 Posts
titan 589 .......it is a very over looked tire. i have been running these tires sense 04 and i have 0 bad things to say about em. i am running 4 - 28x11x12s i first had em on my grizzly and now they are on my rhino i have somewhere around 1500 miles on em and they still have plenty of life left. they have the best rim guard i have every seen on a atv tire. another nice thing about em is with 0 air in the tire it will still support the weight of the rhino so if you get a flat you are not stranded. traction is geat in everything except sand they dig a bit too much. and you should know they do run small my 28s measure out about 27. when its time to replace them i will be ordering the same ones again. you should also know there are 2 different 589 tires out there. the 589s i am talking about have the rim guard and tread sipes the other 589s have neither. the links at the bottom are for the correct tire..

http://www.treadepot.com/atvsizes/589m.html

http://www.atvtires.net/productdetail.asp?gn=589MT

·
Banned
93 Posts
Zilla's on my 2007 660...Ride good,handle good,Great in the mud...like moto92 said,aggressive and light weight. I am running 26x9x12 front and 26x10x12 rear.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
would u have any pics watrsmkr? i was under impression that zillas ran small..thats y i was considering 27 what r your 26 measuring?

·
Banned
93 Posts
No pics,but measuring from the floor up I am measuring 25 5/8,and I have had them on a little over a year. So I would guess just a little short of 26 new.Also I have a 2" CFM lift for ground clearance more than anything.No engine or clutch mods and I haven't seem to have lost anything power or speed wise.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
still getting mixed answers on tire size? want a tire that measures around 26 or so.. so do the 27 zillas measure about that?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts