Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found this post again thought you guys looking to buy a new RZR xp might like to see this.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I know absolutely nothing about your video, but I know from practical experience that that burn isn't going to happen without someone pouring 5 (or more) gallons of gasoline on the unit.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I think you have take the video for what it is. Obviously some thing like a fuel injection line came loose at 40 psi it can spray a lot of fuel that is atomized and it could burn as seen. I have personally seen a artic cat burn to the ground at butter cup a few years back. Same result.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
I'm not a huge RZR fan, but I feel sorry for anyone who's toy catches on fire and burns to the ground

·
Premium Member
7,798 Posts
glad he got a new one, the proshop has a new xp in it, the guy took it out, ran it for a while then the rear gearbox blew up!...they pulled it apart,polaris shipped it with zero gear oil....called Polaris and they said to go call Spicer as they are the guys who make it, so now the customer is pissing back n forth from Polaris and the dealer to spicer and everybody is blaming the other person and knowbody will warranty it for the customer!...lmao...funny stuff.

·
Registered
5,840 Posts
ive seen 3-4 xp,s catch fire , its a real thing and a poolaris thing !

plus - nolids- it has a gas tank with over 5 gallons of gas in it already to make it catch enough fire

·
Premium Member
7,798 Posts
its funny, but they are selln the crap out of them, Im just amazed at the chitty quality, hell the steering wheels still move up and down half an inch just the same as the 08s first did, they just cut corners all over the car....strange....???

·
Registered
5,840 Posts
its funny, but they are selln the crap out of them, Im just amazed at the chitty quality, hell the steering wheels still move up and down half an inch just the same as the 08s first did, they just cut corners all over the car....strange....???

rzr's r so huge its not even funny, 5 years of squeezing dem damn things out there all over the road old people young people pink people dead people everyone has a dam rzr , lol

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
not just a Polaris thing. Can Am recalled the Commander due to fire risk and I have a friend that had his go up. Luckily he was able to get it under control.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Polaris's customer service when it comes to warranty work is a joke. A friend of ours had a brand new XP that backfired up through the intake and burned a small hole in the paper air filter, which let in lots of sand and destroyed the motor. Polaris refused to warranty the motor so he was out a good deal of money on a brand new machine.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Just found this post again thought you guys looking to buy a new RZR xp might like to see this.

2012 rzr xp fire - YouTube
They have so much power, that they just have to release the energy heat source, so that just maybe normal. I think that it is time for a Budweiser, or maybe two...........:alcoholic::alcoholic::alcoholic:
So far my 900 XP has not burn't, but it sure does smoke everything that it races..........:eek2::eek2::eek2:

·
Registered
5,840 Posts

2012 rzr xp fire - YouTube
They have so much power, that they just have to release the energy heat source, so that just maybe normal. I think that it is time for a Budweiser, or maybe two...........:alcoholic::alcoholic::alcoholic:
So far my 900 XP has not burn't, but it sure does smoke everything that it races..........:eek2::eek2::eek2:
maybe u need new piston rings if ur smoking that much

1 - 17 of 17 Posts