Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finished my top end cylinder head replacement & new 11-1 piston install!Wanted to thank Forum venders-Benchmark,Trinity,And extra thanks to Alba Racing for lotsa questions answered & forum members who chimed in!Had nothing but trouble and conflicting info from Wiseco(If I had listened to wiseco,I'd be ripping the engine back apart by now).Also I have 2300 miles on the engine and have been using Mobil 4t racing synthetic since the first oil change & all the parts looked new!Even the cylinder had the factory cross-haching still there-the cam(A hotcam put in 1300 miles ago had no marks on it at all!IMO nothing wrong with Mobil 1 motorcycle oil.Thanks again-This forum IS the place for answers!

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Sweet...

Did Wiseco recommend you replace the factory rod with a better one...???

If so that would be good advice generally so don't be too hard on them for that... :)

Which piston did you use...

I agree with you totally on the thinner synthetic with regard to wear and cleanliness...

However, the Mobile 1 does have moly added and that is not the best thing for your wet clutch...also IMO...the viscosity is not ideal...but it is very good...

I had the similar results to you with three different 660 motors only with the much less expensive and IMO better all around Rotella-T 5w-40...

BTW... I have a special sale today on the 660 Hot Rod sheave if you are wanting one...for your hot rod... :)

Anyway...grats on the new guts...

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been using the Mobil1 4t 10-40 motorcycle oil-That is not good for a wet clutch?Let me know on that!Wiseco piston part # for rhino is the same for Raptor/Grizzly & the box it showed up in just shows raptor/grizzly & the piston is only marked with FWD & a "dot" next to it.So my question to wiesco was -On a rhino , where do you put the dot-foward of the rhino or to the back-since this basically is a raptor engine sitting backwards-All I could get out of wiseco was foward is foward reguardless.Didnt make sense to me - called forum vendors & all were in agreement that FWD goes to exhaust & the local Yami dealer was in agreement.Tried to talk to wiseco again about the direction & they started in this time on engine rotation and piston offset,I explaned my application again compared to a raptor & They basically told me If I didnt think they were right-Do what ever I want!They say they would research this situation and call me back-Never heard form them.After I have the stock piston out I checked the offset of stock & It is about a 1/4 inch off to the in take side-so I compare the wiseco piston & it has a 1/4 " offset to the intake-which FWD goes to exhaust.So I went with everyone on this forum,the Yami dealer & my own "Stare & Compare"! I personally would not call Wiseco on advise on how to use a wheelbarrow,let alone a install! Sorry about the long wind,All that said- The quality of the piston seems exelent & It was noticeable power.This install was on a 09 700

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Yeah they could have explained it a little better hunh...

Pretty simple tho... the exhaust comes out the front of the motor...

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not gonna candy coat it at all-They couldnt explain anything & after the 3rd call (Talked to one guy twice & another once)I gave up.Very dissapointed with their Techsupport.What about the Mobil 1 4t motorcycle oil-It has wet clutch approved all over it?

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
I am sorry I missed that part about it being m/c oil for wet clutches...

I am sure it's fine...

I am not sure the regular mobil 1 is that big of a problem...but some say it is...and it does have moly in it...

Like you said...the lubrication quality is not disputable upon inspection... :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts