Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wiesco site says to deglaze the cylinder-Anybody do this?Any noticeable problems not doing it?Still trying to decide if I want to pull the trigger on this piston upgrade,Not gonna do this myself & I'm wondering if its worth the money & trouble-Any advice either direction would be cool-Thanks
(Already have MSD,Raptor I cam & Alba full exhaust)

·
Premium Member
7,795 Posts
s

I did the 11-1 piston upgrade,it was worth it to me in the dunes,gives it more power all around,combined with a cam and valves and carb and pipe etc,its abig difference..stock rhino on the Proshops dyno is 21hp,mine makes 48.6 and its a 686 with a few tricks..piston and compression is good as long as u don't make it ping or knock..

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Camshaw-That helps that it was noticable & worth it-Did you deglaze the cylinder or remove & replace the piston?

·
Premium Member
7,795 Posts
x

just make sure the wall clearance is proper once honed,if its too loose u need to grab a slightly larger piston....always deglaze the cylnder is my two cents,even if you pull it out and reuse the same piston and rings...just lightly...

·
Registered
292 Posts
If you dont deglaze the cylinder the rings wont seat properly and it will use oil. I would measure the size, taper and out of round of your cylinder before replacing the piston, if they are out of spec I would go up 1 bore size on the piston and have the cylinder bored out

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the advise on deglazing-I dont know if my shop was going to do this or not.Now I know to ask! Thanks again

·
Administrator
2,240 Posts
Thanks for all the advise on deglazing-I dont know if my shop was going to do this or not.Now I know to ask! Thanks again
When you have the jug deglazed and especially if you reuse the old rings, keep real close tabs on your oil level when breaking in ....it may take longer for the used rings to seat than new ones in a comparably honed jug.....that oil level can drop quicker than you think it should on your fresh hone job ....Lance

...sent with TapaTalk...please excuse brevity & no smileys

·
Premium Member
7,795 Posts
x

dont listen to that guy,he's a car guy.....somethin about a 57 chevy!.........ha ha ha.............I got a 57 too...........big block 671 blower straight axle project...

·
Administrator
2,240 Posts
dont listen to that guy,he's a car guy.....somethin about a 57 chevy!.........ha ha ha.............I got a 57 too...........big block 671 blower straight axle project...
Right on....we luv our 57s!!

...sent with TapaTalk...please excuse brevity & no smileys

1 - 9 of 9 Posts