Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I took it out to Johnson Valley this weekend and Holy crap is this thing bad ass. Crusing thru decent size whoops and sand washes at 50mph. My top speed on the lake bed was 77MPH at 9000RPM (red line). I weighed my car at 1620lbs with me and the wife in it. 65% rear 35% front. I changed my springs to 175lb front and 500lb rear and it was still a little to soft to jump.

·
Registered
814 Posts
I took it out to Johnson Valley this weekend and Holy crap is this thing bad ass. Crusing thru decent size whoops and sand washes at 50mph. My top speed on the lake bed was 77MPH at 9000RPM (red line). I weighed my car at 1620lbs with me and the wife in it. 65% rear 35% front. I changed my springs to 175lb front and 500lb rear and it was still a little to soft to jump.
Just do the valving on the shocks and you will be good.

·
Registered
356 Posts
congrats!

·
Registered
487 Posts
Lets see some pics of the wiring! Derek told me about a RC51 rhino and I knew it had to be you.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #28

Just to give an idea on how big and comfortable the car is, I am 6' 260lb and my buddy is 6'6" 340lb.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Lookin good:banana: How long did it take you to do the build?

·
Registered
463 Posts
I will stay tuned on this thread....I am considering a RC 51 motor. I was too wondering why you went so far forward with the engine. I understand you logic on keeping the chain cool......but I would be worried about it taking my head off if it ever broke.....Nice build!! Keep the pics coming
the new yamaha vmax engine would be even sicker than a the honda puts out more power and torque than all the other crotch rockets available even the new busa

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Lookin good:banana: How long did it take you to do the build?
I started a thread on gd.com jul16 07' but I don't know when I started.

Since I started we have lost a child and been blessed with a healthy baby boy, so this has had some breaks during the build. oh and I also ran out of money.

Thanks everybody for the comments.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Very nice. Derek is the best ive seen so far. He wired my bros race truck and is going to wiring mine as soon as its ready.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts