Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stated a thread a long time ago about a race rhino build that ended up with a engine swap but must have been deleted so here is an update.

07' rhino HCR LT w/Fox shocks, HCR spindles, PRP seats, PWR radiator, ITP 14" rims w/General 27" tires, PCI radio and intercom, Lawrance 540C baja GPS, RPM 5.5-1 ratio F-N-R box, 2003 Honda RC51 SP2 1000cc V-twin engine, 72 plate oil cooler, 08' rhino brake conversion and bunch of other stuff I am forgeting.

v

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I tried to get my weight bias to 70% rear and 30% front. I got it to 65%-35%.
With all the weight to the rear the car won't steer and it will want to just stand the front wheels up.

I also wanted to get as long of a chain as posable to keep it cool. I wish I would have put the radiator up front for even more weight over the front end because it still feels a little lite when I steer on the throtle.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Very nice, great work.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Awesome. Keep the good work coming. I was thinking about doing this with a Suzuki TL 1000 motor, also a powerful v2. Subscribed!

·
Registered
4,308 Posts
I will stay tuned on this thread....I am considering a RC 51 motor. I was too wondering why you went so far forward with the engine. I understand you logic on keeping the chain cool......but I would be worried about it taking my head off if it ever broke.....Nice build!! Keep the pics coming

·
Registered
406 Posts
that is slick..

In say a 100 yard race, how far ahead would a tricked out Rhino like this be ahead of my stock 700?
100 yard race....hmmm...I think he'd already be back at camp eating a hotdog while your still at the 50 yard mark!! lol Nice build!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
We will be in Scottsdale in Feb. for a horse show. If anyone wants to show off what they have, I have not even seen a really tricked out Rhino in person. You guys are my sole outlet as of now.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts