Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I'm happy to join up and show a few pics of my newly acquired toy. I brought it home tonight. Bought from a guy who used it in a high dollar neighborhood where the neighbors hated it. It was only used to run from the house to the boat dock. I don't think it ever saw dirt. Had 32 hours and 201 miles.

The guy is a dealership's dream. He went in and said he wanted a bad-ass rhino, call me when it's ready. What they built him is what's pictured below. I will be looking through the forum trying to figure out what all they put on this thing.

He said he wanted them to put on a lift kit. I looked up on line and saw these kits that added some brackets but this doesn't have that. Is there a company that makes shocks designed to lift the machine? The reason I ask is that it doesn't have the brackets but it does have black shocks on it. I know in 2008 they made a black armor edition but my understanding is that those shocks are piggyback shocks. These are simply adjustable as in using a spanner wrench and they are black. Was hoping someone could identify them.

Otherwise, it has the limited edition yamaha flamed body kit (number 47 out of 200), ITP wheels with 26in tires. Aftermarket front bumper and I think rear as well.

Do these machines have full skids underneath? This one does but not sure if they are stock or not.

Anyways, here are the pics.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Looks good and Welcome to the forum !

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I hear ya. They were the real snooty-tooty kind. Type of development where you are not even allowed to have your car in the driveway after 9:00 P.M.

Not my flavor...

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hard to tell but it looks like it has the cheapie steel shocks on it.

Yes, I have since determined that it has the stock shocks. Honestly, they are fine for the type of riding I will be doing.
This guy dropeed $18k on this Rhino too. Best I can tell they charged him full price on the rhino, topped it off with all doc and dealer fees, full retail on the accessories plus likely inflated labor. I am guessing they told it is lifted since it has a little bigger set of tires on it. I think this is where the term stealership comes from.

I have to say the more I ride this thing the more I am loving it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
welcome from lancaster sc saw that on craigslist it was a steal of a deal we ride adventure world and mountain city tn let me know if you wanna ride

·
Registered
535 Posts
welcome to the forum, nice body work!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
We are absolutely planning a trip to Carolina Adventure World. Gotta wait for the kids to get out of school.

Ghopki1, what's your budget. I'll keep an eye out for you. The trick is finding one that has not been abused or beat to death. I feel real fortunate in finding this. I am pretty sure it never hit dirt till it got to my house.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Welcome Buggymasters,
Carolinarhino and myself (rayray) are from the statesville area also. We will have to hook up for a ride also. We just came back from the wagonwheel trails in wv. They are awsome trails and plenty of streams to play in.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts