Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently joined and finally getting involved on the page. ‘06 660 that is a project in the works. One of my first items, replacing current wheel set up with new ones. Purchased used of course, but prior owner put wheels on with a wild offset. I love the tires though. Only issue, overall width puts me ~5’7”. The trailer I will be using is 5’. I would like to find some black steel wheels that will get me to within that 5’, while using current tires if possible. Tires are 25x10-12 all around. Is this possible? If so, does someone have suggestions?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
Hey i know all those people in that pic below even the dogs u cant see but i know they are in there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Lead Moderator
3,809 Posts
Looks like you have spacer on the rhino which was a safety recall by yamaha. I think you'll have to change rims as I'm 57" with 12x7 stock rear rims on all 4 corners with 26x9x12 put me at 57"

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alright, I’m looking at the ITP deltas. With 25x10x12 tires, will this be ok on the 12x7? And 5+2 or 4+3?

·
Super Lead Moderator
3,809 Posts
I think the 12x7 rims are a 5+2 offset and your 25x10x12 is the stock size that comes on the rhino, but don't take this as gospel.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well you can get the 5+2 or 4+3. Just trying to get this thing back to where it’s not too wide to fit on the trailer.

·
Super Lead Moderator
3,809 Posts
So what your saying is from outside to outside of the rear tires is 67", it looks like your running stock suspension, looking at your pictures and my picture it just doesn't look that wide.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have ITP black deltas on order as of this morning, so the bruisers will be for sale lol. They are like new condition.

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
You have been demoted

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
Ya for stock arms that thing is way wide

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
Too bad u dont have a wide trailer cause i would stick some spacers up front and run it like that for stability

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
Remove the rear factory wheel spacers. Looks like you have high offset aftermarket wheels

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Got it done yesterday. My initial measurements were quick ones, so I was off a little. Started with 65” rear, 64” front. Now, 56” rear, 55” front. I could have probably got it close by removing the rear spacers, but front would still be way wider. At least now, I won’t sling rocks or mud up on myself or passengers as easily. Mind you, this is gonna be for the ranch and work, not a bunch of play.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
Looks good, full doors help alot but would suck if using it for work

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
Where u at in south tx, im outside abilene, little town of Tuscola

1 - 20 of 21 Posts