Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Randy Potter, and I'm new to the Sxs game.. I decided I wanted to build up a car to desert race and do a little short course racing.. I found a Mason car for a good deal.. Unfortunately it had the middle drive gear/support broken.. I'm in the process of a full rebuild, a call to Weller.. And some other changes.. I hope to up and running in about a month..

Attachments

·
Registered
323 Posts
good luck with the build. Thats one of the cooler rides i,ve seen in awhile. What long travel kit is on it. What are you using for a motor?what did you pay for it?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
good luck with the build. Thats one of the cooler rides i,ve seen in awhile. What long travel kit is on it. What are you using for a motor?what did you pay for it?

It was fully built by Mason, Chromoly cage, Mason long travel (now SDR). it had and 800 big bore in it.. I'm de-stroking it and going to a 720..

some of the specs:
07 Mason Motorsports Rhino, 720cc with some Weller goodies..
Two brothers dual exhaust
6 over Mason long travel
Evo 2.5" internal bypass coil overs with hyperco springs
powdercoated 4130 chromoly chassis
HRC front knuckles
Rear mounted Ron Davis radiator
Maxxis Big Horns with Beadlocks
Gear One Rack with heim steering
12gal fuel cell
prp seats and crow harness
full skid plates,
Gorilla axles
Baja 540c GPS
Parker Pumper,
PCI radio/Intercom

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No. It was from so jordan.. Blue racing is the one who brought it up from ca.. (now aero Motorsports in orem) they had 4 of them.. All of them black..

·
Registered
187 Posts
When Armstrong was clearing those out I wish I had the cash for one. Very nice cars. I am hoping to run a wild.cat at bor next year if their worth a shiz. If you have not looked into Bonneville Off Road. It is a good time with good.people.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've been running a class 7 out there.. Maybe you've seen it? Teal blue Tacoma.. #714.. I only ran the wendover race this year.. Did a couple the year before..

·
Registered
323 Posts
what did you pay for it?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
what did you pay for it?
I'd rather not disclose what I paid.. I feel like I got a screaming deal on it.. Other than rebuilding the motor.. (which wasn't planned at the time) I'll still be good after the build and upgrade.. I'll get it going.. And decide if I wanna keep it..

·
Registered
708 Posts
Welcome!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts