Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cracked and put a small hole in the passenger side floor on my 09 700 at the deer lease this weekend. What should I be looking to buy to protect the under side in the future. There are alot of tough areas on our 5000 acre lease.

·
Registered
395 Posts
yeh...thats how i got mine....it is cracked about 20" right down the center front to back....havent be able to find a used one...the one on ebay for ever sonds as bad as mine....a new one is like 80 bucks....on ebay ( serch yamaha rhino) they sell these diamond plate shields for the floor....cant remember the price?....and in the pic it looks like it covers the wheel wells behind front tires...not sure how much floor.....i'm sure someone one here has them and will chime inn?...

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
The ones on ebay will work if you "doctor" them a little. If you have access to a small sheet of aluminum, a jigsaw, and, some cardboard, you can make a better set !! The ones they sell on there, do not go up under your pedals. I made some templates out of cardboard, and cut out some aluminum diamond plate. To get the BEST results...whether you make them, or buy them...get you some carrige bolts (stainless is prettier), and drill down from the top and bolt them down GOOD (use BIG flat washers underneath)!! Don't be stingy w/them neither !! You kinda need to watch though...if you are not careful...you won't be able to get the nut/and or washer on underneath ! You can jack mine up now from under the floor-if need be- without any worries !!

·
Registered
178 Posts
I had a tree branch pop up under the passenger side and crack it good as well. I've been toying with making some out of conveyor belting or heavy semi mudflaps and using big washers. No need to reinforce the understructure unless you want to with solid material. Just need something to deflect the blow.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
if you just want to cover the hole you can use the diamond plater floor mats.
if you want to protect from the bottom and prevent the problem you can use something like the hunterworks floor plates
06-11 Yamaha Rhino Floor Plates
If you bolt the aluminum down good like I am saying; It not only covers the holes...it keeps stuff from flipping up and causing new ones as well !!

·
Registered
34 Posts
i bought the ones off ebay and they seem to work fine but i did notice the other day that where it comes down behind the wheel on the inside part of it that there is a crack about 3 inches long. i dont know if i tightened it down to much or what, i am going to take it off and take a soldering gun and heat the plasiic where the crak is and it will melt the plastic back together. and i may take and bend the edge out a little before i put it back on. hope this helps!

·
Registered
178 Posts
if you just want to cover the hole you can use the diamond plater floor mats.
if you want to protect from the bottom and prevent the problem you can use something like the hunterworks floor plates
06-11 Yamaha Rhino Floor Plates
If you bolt the aluminum down good like I am saying; It not only covers the holes...it keeps stuff from flipping up and causing new ones as well !!
This make alot of sense.

·
Registered
94 Posts
The ones on ebay will work if you "doctor" them a little. If you have access to a small sheet of aluminum, a jigsaw, and, some cardboard, you can make a better set !! The ones they sell on there, do not go up under your pedals. I made some templates out of cardboard, and cut out some aluminum diamond plate. To get the BEST results...whether you make them, or buy them...get you some carrige bolts (stainless is prettier), and drill down from the top and bolt them down GOOD (use BIG flat washers underneath)!! Don't be stingy w/them neither !! You kinda need to watch though...if you are not careful...you won't be able to get the nut/and or washer on underneath ! You can jack mine up now from under the floor-if need be- without any worries !!
Do you have any pics ? I was thinking of the ebay one's but your's sound better.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts