Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Humvee Radius

Votes: 6 19.4%
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After building a cage with my brother-in-law for his commander, I am thinking about completely changing mine up. I took my Rhino to Mud Nationals this year and had myself and 3 other full-grown men in with me. I didn't like riding like that, so I am going to change my cage for looks and to keep it only for my 2 young sons that could ride in the back (Low Roof).

We have a JD2 Electric over hydraulic tubing bender with multiple dies. I am still thinking on which design to go with.

QUESTION: What tubing should be used for the cage. I am not cruising dunes or jumping anything. I mainly just trail ride with some occasional mud riding.

1.Raked

2. Humvee 4-seater

3. Humvee 2-seater

4. Radius Roof

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
thats kinda similar to my cage. i like how that shape is different from the radius. good luck on the build and keep all of posted with pics

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah johnny... Yours has been kind of my inspiration. I got another idea too that I'm workin on. I had three guys loaded up with me and it wasn't fun. I'd rather just make it to where ONLY my young boys will fit in the back or a cooler/tools.

What unit were you with in the Marine Corps?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Looks pretty cool, like the look of the lower rear. Im the same as you, ever since I made mine a 4 seater every Tom,****, and Harry wants to ride with me.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lol. Mine only fits kids and Mexicans cuz the back goes down. Lol. I was with the 24th and 26th meu in nc
haha... Yeah that's what I was thinking...

I was with 1st Combat Engineer Battalion from 2004-2008. Semper Fi.

I have always liked the look of your Rhino.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What tube should I use to make it?

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
More designs added... Let me know which one you think.

Poll Added...

·
Registered
980 Posts
you could use some electric weld tubing .095 1 3/4 for your main stuff then use 1.5" for bracing and such thats what we did on mine except mines all dom and chromoly stuff (i know it will flip... more than once haha)

The hummer style doesnt look bad in the drawing but i think it will look kinda goofy once you get started but i may be wrong... i like the raked 4seater look like johnnys rhino looks sweet... or a raked 2seater...

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Lol. Mine only fits kids and Mexicans cuz the back goes down. Lol. I was with the 24th and 26th meu in nc
haha... Yeah that's what I was thinking...

I was with 1st Combat Engineer Battalion from 2004-2008. Semper Fi.

I have always liked the look of your Rhino.
Is that Pendleton ? Thanks. U have kids or y do u want a 4 seater? Technically my rhino is my wifes & she wanted a 4 seater 4 when we have kids. In time I'm going to make a 2 seater 4 me

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah I really like that one also... I like that little s-bend in the pillar behind the seats. I like that about yours also. That is one of the things that I will definitely incorporate into my design. I also like how the roof curls down over the front of the cage.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Yeah I really like that one also... I like that little s-bend in the pillar behind the seats. I like that about yours also. That is one of the things that I will definitely incorporate into my design. I also like how the roof curls down over the front of the cage.

yea im gunna tab mine for a roof before it gets cold and the roof is gunna come down to that top windshield bar so its goin to curl down somwhat similar to that one

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Always been a fan of the radius cages!
Whatever way you go make sure you put a bit of a rake in it, looks much better.
Have fun with it.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I like that...

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
I'm a fan of the radius and I would use all DOM for the main structure...

My last cage and current cage aren't though...

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Finally...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts