Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I would let you guys know what I think so far ....

I got my new BRP Stage 2 CDI today .... I installed it and took the Rhino for a 3 hour test ride ....

First off there is no more waiting for 5 seconds before you start it .... I turned the key and the starter never even turned ..... the motor fired right up. I think that was the best improvement.....

There is no more reverse limiter ...... I got it up to 25mph in reverse and that was fast enough for me ......

I didnt notice much more torque or bottom end power .... it felt about the same as my old BRP CDI ......

I was able to get up to 55 mph on flat ground (54 mph with old BRP CDI) and I hit 60 mph on a slight downgrade (I was only able to hit 58 mph with my old BRP CDI) ...... so I did get a little more top end .....

I think the best improvements are the quick starting and the removal of the reverse limiter ....... I would highly recomend getting rid of your stock CDI or your old BRP CDI and purchasing the new BRP Stage 2 CDI ..... I am very happy with it so far ....

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didnt notice ..... I will watch today and let you know.....

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I have heard this on the BRP forum that you indeed get more horsepower and speed, just by having the BRP logo somewhere on your Rhino. Is this really true? :drive: :footinmouth: :wtf:

Or did this get this idea from all the rice burners in Anerica who think stickers add 5 HP or more!!!!

Good thing I have about 3 to 5 BRP logos on my Rhino. (all from Previous owner!!!) HAHAHAHA:afro:

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was ready to get teh Dynatek and then BRP came out with this .... I just wanted to try it out .... If you already have a Dynatek then I wouldnt worry about switching .....

·
Life serves the risk taker
4,197 Posts
Mike, Hunterworks sells the Dynatek with a sticker over it and BRP in the past sold Procomm with a sticker over it. If there was a new manufacturer do you think they would limit their sells to BRP? The specs on these match Dynatek and if it's not a Dynatek, then it matches exactly. With that all said, why would you pay more unless they give you a special deal to pedal their stuff on all the forums. That I would understand.

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mike, Hunterworks sells the Dynatek with a sticker over it and BRP in the past sold Procomm with a sticker over it. If there was a new manufacturer do you think they would limit their sells to BRP? The specs on these match Dynatek and if it's not a Dynatek, then it matches exactly. With that all said, why would you pay more unless they give you a special deal to pedal their stuff on all the forums. That I would understand.

No ... I just wanted to try it. I dont think there is a new manufacturer ... It has to be a procomm or Dynatek .... It is only $ 200.00 .... if it doesnt work out it isnt the end of the world .....

I dont get discounts or a commision .... I just delete their spam so everyone can enjoy the forum without it. I actually spend more time on this forum now.

I was just offering an evaluation of a new product .... nothing more .... I already got offered some advice over on Glamis Dunes ..... I posted the link below and no I am not advertising for Glamis Dunes either .... hahahah

I just want everyone to know the same thing applies to this forum ... I am sorry if anyone feels that I have disrespected this forum or any members due to my comments or my opinions on the BRP issue ..... that was not my intentions .... I always stick up for the underdog and I like to keep things positive .....

http://www.glamisdunes.com/invision/index.php?showtopic=102588

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
I think we are just tired of seeing that damn BRP on everything, It really seems like your there ***** now mike. Not trying to be a ****, but you defend them in every post and you spread info about there overpriced products. You seem like a good guy and i would hate to see you get caught up in there mess.

·
Life serves the risk taker
4,197 Posts
I am sorry if anyone feels that I have disrespected this forum or any members due to my comments or my opinions on the BRP issue ..... that was not my intentions .... I always stick up for the underdog and I like to keep things positive .....

http://www.glamisdunes.com/invision/index.php?showtopic=102588
Mike (BRP Ambassador), :01: joking with you

I think this forum wants to be open with content so you can post what you want. I think you realize though your going to get honest feedback from the members too. BRP's advertised price is $225.

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mike (BRP Ambassador), :01: joking with you

I think this forum wants to be open with content so you can post what you want. I think you realize though your going to get honest feedback from the members too. BRP's advertised price is $225.

Yes you are correct ..... I paid $ 225.00 plus tax and $ 10.00 for shipping ....

I will always stick up for the underdog ..... Character flaw I guess .... I apreciate honest feedback ...... Again if someone was bashing this forum I would stick up for it too .... I am nobodys ***** ..... I just like to keep it positive and I hate to see anybody get ragged on ..... At first I stuck up for So Cal fab too ..... and I dont have any of their products nor do I know Thad ........ but then I gave up...... (Click on the link below to see) To many negative people out there and I just want to get along with everybody ....

I know Mr O (michael) has nothing good to say about BRP and thats fine ..... I like MR O. I misss him over on the BRP forum .... That is the main reason I came over here ..... We have always got along great. He is very knowledgeable and he cracks me up all of the time ..... I also stick up for him over there ......

I do not try to push BRP Products .... I will refer someone over there if they have a good product .... But I also refer people to Tim at PDS ..... Custom Motorsports, and over to Ryan Woon for a 686 kit (Sorry Brian) .......

Honestly guys .... I did not mean to sound like I was pushing this CDI .... I just wanted to give an honest review ..... There are still some people out there that dont care about the forum drama and just want a good product ... I never said it was better than the Dynatek ..... Again I apologize if I came across like that .... I am not on the BRP payroll ... I just delete their spam ....... Thanks for listening ....

http://www.blackrhinoperformance.net/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=4805&start=0

1 - 12 of 12 Posts