Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Yamaha Rhino 660, Explorer, new Progressive 429 Shocks
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed the following:

LED Headlights Assembly for Teryx, SAUTVS High Low Beam Head Lights Front Lamps for Kawasaki Teryx Teryx4 Brute Force 750 Accessories (2PCS) (amazon.com)

The only two mods needed is removing the headlights wiring harness and connecting the Rhino's wiring harness and the other mod is adding a small washer to adjuster spring so it doesn't pass through the larger hole on the new headlight.

There are three wires on each:
Ground - Connect the two black wires to each other
Low Beam - Connect the headlight's yellow wire to the Rhino's green wire
High Beam - Connect the headlight's white wire to the Rhino's yellow wire

I always use marine grade shrink wrap type butt connectors for strong water proof connections.

These headlights are far superior to the anemic oem headlights and an easy mod.

·
Registered
18 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yes, the price you quoted is correct but they are bright and I now have a real high and low beam.

I had improvised a set of LEDs similar to the ones you mention. However, I wanted the high low beams and this was the best way I found that I could do that and still have a bright light. We have hikers back in some of the areas we ride and at times they are out after dark, I didn't like blinding people and by their response they didn't like it much either.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I did the same mod a couple years ago and haven’t looked back. So much of an improvement. Got mine from eBay. Think the price was around $80 including shipping.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I searched the internet looking for a better price but the only source I found was on amazon. There just isn't a big selection of 4.5" headlights out there.

They look great with the Rhino on the trailer. I haven't been able to take it out on the trail yet to see how the new lights will work as I'm completely rebuilding the suspension. The bearings, bushings, shocks, ball joints, and even the steering box had to be replaced. The universals were also shot on the front drive shaft. I'm making progress but I keep having to wait on parts which is holding me up.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just got a reply back from the seller and the lights for 112.00 are the same as the ones he has listed for 139.00. Do you think they are the same as the ones you bought?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They appear to be the same.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They’re on a slow boat from China. Supposed to be here sometime in October.
It's a guy on a rowboat with one broken oar.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Lights came today! Installed and look great. I noticed I am missing the rubber piece that goes on the back of the light. Anyone know the part number?
CAP 5GH-28349-00-00

Mine are missing too, I'm not planning on installing the caps so the lights can cool better and I can keep the area cleaned out. The wiring harness passes through and isn't sealed so it would just let debris in and not be easily seen so I could it wash away.

·
Registered
2006 Yamaha Rhino 660
2 Posts
Nice setup. I used a similar 27W LED 4.5” light from Amazon also. Just had to grind down the aluminum bracket to make it fit. My Amazon lights only have 2 wires. Power and ground. I left the stock light plug unused and just wired it up to a separate toggle switch.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Brazilwill, that's a nice rig.

·
Registered
2006 Yamaha Rhino 660
2 Posts
Brazilwill, that's a nice rig.
Thank you. I just started modifying it to my liking. After the new digital dash comes I can swap out from the simple 6 warning lights and start upgrading my speed.
I’ve been researching and I am considering getting the FS digitak CDI and eventually a sheave kit after more research. I will be keeping the stock tire size.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts