Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a neutral selector switch for the 700s? i have a service manual and cant find it. My dash only lights up low gear all the time, and cant start without the brake on. Bought new gear selector switch but its fine, now i cant return the new part i didnt need. The dash wont light any other gears up when i cycle through the shifter. Any ideas???

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
does any one know why the dash would only show the low gear light on and no others turn on? ENGINE only turns over with the brake on, drives good and all. IM PULLING MY HAIR OUT:aargh4:

·
Registered
197 Posts
*** This is just from looking at the fiche; I haven't actually done this repair myself. ***

The "Electrical 1" fiche shows #7, p/n 3B4-82540-01-00 NEUTRAL SWITCH ASSY.

Yamaha ATV Parts 2009 RHINO 700 FI SPECIAL EDITION - YXR7FSEYB ELECTRICAL 1 Diagram

That link is for a 2009 which is my year, but the p/n is the same for all years of the 700.

#5 is called the "neutral switch assy - reverse switch assy" which I believe is the one that when it fails makes the Rhino thinks it's in reverse.

I would check your wires and connectors going to the switch assy first; you might have a dirty connection or a loose wire.

Hope this helps you!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts