Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to narrow my Rhino by about an inch.

The front tires fit into my trailer fine.
The rears are a tight squeeze.
I have the factory aluminum wheels and factory original tires.

Do the rears happen to have a set of spacers that I can remove?
I only need maybe a 1/2" per side of space.

If no spacer is my only option to go with new rims with more offset?
Would a pair of factory steel rears rims work?
Could I go with a tire that does not "bulge" out as much or what are my options to narrow the outside tire to outside tire by 1/2" to 1"?

The rims fit fine it is just that I am afraid of cutting down a side wall.

Thanks
Pat

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I measured the front and I have 5 1/2" total between the side rails and the rims..so basically 2 3/4" of clearance for each side.

On the rears I have 1 7/8" clearance total or basically 15/16" per side.

The tires bulge out more that 15/16"

Maybe just run the tire pressure up to 20lbs to stand up the side walls when loading?
I would really be concerned about cutting the side walls then.

Pat

·
Super Lead Moderator
3,809 Posts
If the safety recall was done on your rhino you will more than likely have 2" spacers on the rear and you could remove them if needed. Yamaha put them on because of the rollovers that some people had. Me I would go to a 9" wide tire just keep it at 25" like the stock front and keep the 2" spacer.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If the safety recall was done on your rhino you will more than likely have 2" spacers on the rear and you could remove them if needed. Yamaha put them on because of the rollovers that some people had. Me I would go to a 9" wide tire just keep it at 25" like the stock front and keep the 2" spacer.
I should have added that I have a 2012 Sports Edition (Or that what was sold to me and it did come with the Sports aluminum wheels but nothing else Sports Edition, 700 EFI.

Did the 700 EFI's come with the spacers and if so are 1.5" or 1" replacement spacers available?

This is exactly what I was hoping to find.

Thank you
Pat

·
Vendor
3,490 Posts
I should have added that I have a 2012 Sports Edition (Or that what was sold to me and it did come with the Sports aluminum wheels but nothing else Sports Edition, 700 EFI.

Did the 700 EFI's come with the spacers and if so are 1.5" or 1" replacement spacers available?

Thank you
Pat
If the recall was done to yours, all models all years got doors and 2" rear spacer

Take a rear wheel off and look

·
Super Lead Moderator
3,809 Posts
You can get spacers in 1", 1 3/4" ect. go to Ebay and search you want a 4x110 bolt pattern

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Thank you
Pat
If the recall was done to yours, all models all years got doors and 2" rear spacer

Take a rear wheel off and look
This would be perfect...remove 2" spacer and install a 1.5" spacer.
I don't lose much in stability but fit in the trailer...perfectly.:fingersx:

Pat

1 - 7 of 7 Posts