Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just getting ready to hit the road and travel 3hrs with my buddy to buy a Rhino. It'll be his first. It has 1500 miles and an Alba 686 kit installed 100 miles ago. Is a 686 reliable w/ out doing the middle drive gear support and a stock bottom end. I am waiting for his answer if the bottom end is indeed stock but the ad says nothing about a crank or rod. Thanks for any advice--Nate

·
Registered
581 Posts
686 kit is very reliable. We run it in our Baja 500/1000 rhino that Tom Graves has been running for multiple years. While a rod and middle drive gear are always recommended you can enjoy a 686 for a long time without them as long as it is maintaned. Did we install the 686?

Nate

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, Damon from HCR took it on a trade and we were told it was installed by you guys. He (Jim) ended up buying it. Sounded great, felt pretty good, may need a little more clutch tuning and jetting for sure.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Yes, Damon from HCR took it on a trade and we were told it was installed by you guys. He (Jim) ended up buying it. Sounded great, felt pretty good, may need a little more clutch tuning and jetting for sure.
can you send me a picture of it?

·
Registered
581 Posts
Hate saying but, I don't remember that rhino at all. We at Alba are proud of what we build but I know my rhino's and I don't recognize that one.

Nate

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Paid 7.5k- it's got enough BS on it to justify the price. My friends happy with it. I'm thinking I'm gonna sell and buy a R1 or keep it and do a Rotax.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
@ Roto, it has the stock suspension. He bought it from the owner of HCR so he'll probably hit him up when its time for LT

1 - 10 of 10 Posts