Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any idea how to buy a RAIS tube other than on ebay? Does anyone have a phone number to reach them? Erik

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So.... being the skeptic that I am, I decided to check out the shop vac attachments that are on my RIGID vacuum (from home depot) that is sitting in my garage. Sure enough, the round brush attachment with the 45 degree angle fit perfectly (after I removed the bristles which are press fit into it and easily removed). Instant rais tube.:fing02: Thanks for the help!! Erik

·
Registered
230 Posts
Please post some pics!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I just looked at the rais tube pics on ebay and they are EXACTLY like the shop vac attachment I have. The only difference is the rais tube has a sealing ring (where the tube passes through the engine cowl scoop cover) I will have to find something similar and post with my results. Erik

·
Registered
419 Posts
yeah, that is great considering i just bought the one off ebay.....Maybe i'll chrome mine and it will go even faster.

·
Registered
363 Posts
glad to be of help, I forgot it's the rigid one you gotta pull the bristles out (45). you don't need the white seal, just push it on to the stock air box.

this RAIS guy made alot of money off those for a while I bet.%300 price jump.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, I went to Depot today and bought a new "RIGID dusting brush" part # VT 2507 then, as I was trying to find the ring that seals up against the hole in the shroud inlet scoop, I saw the exact same part that comes on the rais tube in the toilet parts section! It is the Fluid master flush valve shank washer. Beveled black rubber ring. it cost $1.89. The vacum brush cost $7.95. So, for $10.00 I got my own HD(home depot) high performance inlet tube. Thanks nappahdoh. If i was only so lucky to have marketed this first. Erik

·
Registered
419 Posts
Yeah, I went to Depot today and bought a new "RIGID dusting brush" part # VT 2507 then, as I was trying to find the ring that seals up against the hole in the shroud inlet scoop, I saw the exact same part that comes on the rais tube in the toilet parts section! It is the Fluid master flush valve shank washer. Beveled black rubber ring. it cost $1.89. The vacum brush cost $7.95. So, for $10.00 I got my own HD(home depot) high performance inlet tube. Thanks nappahdoh. If i was only so lucky to have marketed this first. Erik
****:angryfire:

I spent 20 to much......but i bet yours doesn't have RAIS etched into the plastic. That's well worth the exta 20. Good job you guys to put that together like that. Wish i had the time to wander around home depot and investigate like that.

·
Captain Zoom Sand Pirate
3,408 Posts
here's the real deal:

·
Registered
419 Posts
It's the RAIS tube for me. It's a little different than that of the Vacuum attachment you guys are talking about....I paid 30 to have it land on my porch two days after i ordered it. I paid the extra 20 bucks to not have to waste my day at home depot discovering how to make a cheap part even cheaper. It works too......still working on jetting my carb, but i'm waiting to get my exhaust before i can really set it up:beer2:

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Once you take the bristles off the RIGID attachment, you will see that is the EXACT part that the RAIS tube is made from .The diameter is the same 2 1/4" opening too. As for the flange that seals off the top of the tube where it passes up into the cowl scoop, that flange is the $1.89 toilet rubber ring that slips onto the vacum adapter. I just happened upon it while I was 2 rows over from the shop vac section. BTW, I was at H.D. for about ten minutes. Just passing some good cheap and EASY do it yourself info along here. These money pits can be a drain on the wallet and any way to get a better deal on a cheap mod is better for all of us in the long run. Just my 2 cents. I wouldn't have believed it was the same s#@% either if I didn't check it out for myself. E.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts