Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2009 700 special edition and it governs out at 40mph I have owned it for a week and was wondering how to get passed that any help would be awsome
Thank you

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
A sheave mod or OD weights will get you to 50 at the factory rev limiter...

A MSD box will allow you to eliminate the rev limiter and hit 50...

The combination of the two will get you 55 maybe more...

The sheave...and/or OD weights is a no brainer for a 700 and one of the best things you can do to any rhino if you want to go over 40...

OD weights will give you taller gearing from a stop w/o a machined sheave...so it is like putting taller tires on...but you can use OD weights w/o a machined sheave and get to 50 at the factory rev limiter cheap...you can add a sheave later if you want to restore gearing from a stop...

If you have the money the sheave mod is the first thing to do imo...

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
You can order OD weights from me for $60 shipped...plus $30 for the sliders that go with them (optional but recommended)...

You can get machined sheave with od weights and sliders for around $300 from JBS...

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
To put things into perspective...

The MSD will allow you raise the rev limit and adjust the fuel curve...if you have stock intake/exhaust you probably won't get a power gain...just the ability to turn more rpms...allowing you more SPEED not more power...

The OD weights will give you more top speed and lower cruising rpms...but not more power...you will loose some power to the wheels at take off due to taller gearing from a stop...

The sheave will allow you to restore low gearing and actually give you lower gearing from a stop...the OD weights will still give you lower cruising rpms and more top speed...

If you add an exhaust...you need the MSD to adjust the fuel curve...that will actually increase the power at the crankshaft...

So gearing gives you speed and helps put power to the wheels both...

MSD adjusts fuel curve and raises rev limit...

Exhaust makes more power from motor...

A sheave mod will get you to 50 without turning more rpms and without any added noise...that is why it's best to do that first IMO...

If you are on a tight budget and don't need the hole shot performance and just want to go 50 at the stock rev limiter you can do that for $60 shipped... :)

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
You can order OD weights from me for $60 shipped...plus $30 for the sliders that go with them (optional but recommended)...

You can get machined sheave with od weights and sliders for around $300 from JBS...
I just checked and I am out of stock on those od weights but I am sure you can get them from JBS...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts