Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here the situation. 07 660 rhino with lsr MTS kit, broke the right rear Axle (LSR will warranty) But when I tried taking the cv's apart (the inner cv's ) the cup that has the large circlip (that holds the cage/spider in) is stuck in the grove (looks as though the axle or cage was rubbing it and rolled the lips of the grove over the clip (no way to get them out).

So my question is... are the aftermarket inner C/V (offered on ebay) as strong or stronger than factory? If not does anybody have a good used set for sale? I need both left and right inner joints (that go into the rear diff). Also any insight why this happened or how to keep it from happening???

Thanks for your time!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So the round clip is fused in so you can't pull it out? I always just used a small round hook to pull mine out...
Correct! I got one out but had to use a pick and needle nose pliers (had to grab it and rotate the pliers it looks like a corkscrew, I dont think I can get one back in). The other side you can see the clip there but it has been ground down/machined to where you cant tell were the clip starts/or cv starts it looks like 1 psc.

·
Registered
965 Posts
So the round clip is fused in so you can't pull it out? I always just used a small round hook to pull mine out...
Correct! I got one out but had to use a pick and needle nose pliers (had to grab it and rotate the pliers it looks like a corkscrew, I dont think I can get one back in). The other side you can see the clip there but it has been ground down/machined to where you cant tell were the clip starts/or cv starts it looks like 1 psc.
Sounds like your on the right track for replacing the whole CV cup, if that is the case don't worry about pulling the axels. Just replace the whole thing at once, the axles may have wear and stress you can see and might cause another problem later on... Sounds like your getting to much travel or have a bent axles...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts